Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Using an Older Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Old Rotorhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using an Older Radio

I have a JR Galaxy Heli radio from the last time I was involved with helicopters about 15 yrs ago. It was one of the first generation computer radios in its day. Anyone see any reason I can't use this until I decide what I really want, with newer micro servos of course? Thanks for your help!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 AM
onewasp

Default RE: Using an Older Radio

So long as it is narrow band and on the appropriate frequency it will (assuming both criteria are met) be legal.

Frankly, considering the cost of radios today (ex. DX7----there are others) I wouldn't bother.
By the time you replace batteries etc. you won't be ahead a lot-----seems to me the inherent safety for your A/C etal warrant it.

You asked for an opinion and you got one.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the sytem work, likely yes. It would likely be best to send it in for a check up with the age of the system if you were to use it, in many cases though with systems that age it is generally best just to get a new system cost wise and performance wise.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Old Rotorhead

Thanks guys, that was what I was looking for, an honest answer. Now tell me this if you will, I have a stack of older JR 2001, 2002 servos. Are they still useable, specifically in a heli?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same situation there, they might work, but performance may not be up to the task, depending on what you are looking for.