Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 and Spektrum 2.4 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 03:20 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 and Spektrum 2.4 help

I am having some issues with my JR 9303 and spektrum module and AR9000 receiver. This same module and rx worked flawlessly in my previous airplane for 50+ flights. I am setting up the rx in a new airplane and this is what is happening. I am using 2 remote receivers. Whenever I go full left ailerons (only full, not partial) the throttle goes wide open (does not do it if I go full right or any right). It does this with the left ailerons plugged into aux 1, or when nothing is plugged into aux 1, does not matter. I am running a power expander pro. I have tried it with and without the power expander, no change. I have tried re-binding it several times, and tried it without one of the satellite receivers, no change either. No progam mixes in my radio, I even tried a brand new model in my radio with no luck. I cannot figure this one out. Any ideas? Not sure if I am overlooking something. Here is my overall setup.

Dual fromeco 5200s, plugged into their own badger switch, badger switch to a super regulator, regulator to power expander. Flaperon program in my 9303 with right aileron plugged into the ail port, left into aux 1. Dual elevator setup with aux 2, and dual rudder setup with aux 3. Throttle on thro and choke on gear. Also, at one point all my servos started going crazy, but rebound and no issues.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Default RE: 9303 and Spektrum 2.4 help

Not knowing honkus about the rest of your setup.... sounds like L aileron ATV + sub trim + any mix value is overdriving it's allocated window. Have you tried reducing ATV and see what happened?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:07 PM
flyinrazrback

I have zero subtrim or any p-mixes set to the aileron. My aileron atv is set 150/150. After some experimentation when reducing the left aileron atv to 146 or below the problem goes away. At 147 atv the throttle servo jumps back and forth, 148-150 the throttle servo goes full deflection. I also just found another issue. I have a choke servo on ch 5 or gear. When I turn on the radio then the rx, the servo goes opposite where it is at then comes back to original position. It does this every time I turn the rx power off and back on. I am not sure what is going on, I had this very setup in my other plane no issues. Granted, on my other plane the atv was 130 on the aileron, so may have never seen the aileron/throttle issue I am having now.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:29 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1693
Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 AM
flyinrazrback

Danny, I saw that. I think I have a bad aileron pot in my radio. When I reduce the aileron dual rate to 99% or less the problem goes away, but plane on sending in my radio soon to get it fixed.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:46 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend sending the system in for a check up.