Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

2.4ghz technology

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz technology

OK I have a stupid question? Is the 2.4ghz technology the same as what is used with cordless phones?
I have been hearing how great the DX6 & DX7 are but where I live I have had nothing but problems with our cordless 2.4ghz phones. Our standard corded phones work fine but on the 2.4ghz phones our voice fades in and out. (This is our second set still JUNK)[:'(]
We live by TV & Radio towers could this effect this 2.4ghz technology?[sm=confused.gif]
Cell phones have a dead spot here, however my OLD JR 652 works great here.
I don’t need a helicopter going crazy.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:38 PM
amax

Default RE: 2.4ghz technology

I run SPEKTRUM DX3.0 in my boats and I love it, the 2.4 ghz is the same as your phone and bluetooth the big diferance is the spektrum systemhas a binding sequince that locks the tx and rx together so other 2.4 ghz systems don't interfear with it, and it has biult in failsafe.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 PM
leyland384

Joe,

There is a pretty long and detailed thread about the Spektrum DX7, and a few other forums that are very informative if you're interested. Search for "Spektrum DX7" and you should find them.

The spektrum systems and cordless phones operate in the same frequency band, but the modulation scheme is completely different, and there is also multiple path, multiple channel redundancy built into the RC 2.4GHz equipment. Cordless phones have no multiple path redundancy and thus have lots of problems with fading.

I've been running the DX7 exclusively since January and I haven't had a single problem. The big thing to remember with this equipment is to set up your electrical system (batteries) properly, and that's about it.

Adam
Old 08-13-2007, 08:35 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The technology used is completly different than a phone. Cell phones are completely different than cordless phones, cell phones do not use the 2.4 Ghz band.