Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Charging Plug Mount

Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JR Charging Plug Mount

Danny,

With the switch harness that comes with JR radios, there is a small black plastic mount for the charge plug. I have several of these mounts. The harness charging plug doesn't fit tightly in any of them and will push out easily. Is there some way to prevent this? I'm thinking of gluing the plug to the mount with some kind of adhesive after assembling it.

Allan
Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 PM
s. wallace
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Charging Plug Mount

Just throw it away!

Ernst makes on that actually works with the JR plug (be careful not to get the Futaba one by mistake).
I have flown JR since the early 80's and love the radios but that charge plug is a joke, one would think they would have corrected that by now.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 PM
rcacro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Charging Plug Mount

The JR charging plug mount can be made to work. It is necessary to glue the plug into the mount as you suggested. I use epoxy for this. Insert the charger plug into the mount to keep it lined up until the epoxy hardens.
Another thing that helps is to bevel the inside edge of the charger plug so that it does not catch on the the switch harness socket. A #11 xacto knife blade works well for this. All that is necessary is to remove the sharp corner on the plug. Do the same thing to the plug on your voltmeter.