Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 CP PRO SETTING QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:41 AM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 CP PRO SETTING QUESTION

Wanted to have GEAR switch to have two settings for gyro.
I have that [SUB TRIM] number up to +85 giving me +85 and+90 on the Gear switch and its still flying great. The number most people seem to go with is +65. I have Gear set to Gear and in [Travel adjust] GEAR is set to 85. The G90 set screw is set fully counterclockwise. Just seems strange that my set number is set so high. Anyway to test if its reading my +85 setup number, as changing numbers not making a difference. Could it be reading a AUTO GYRO setting somehow? Thanks Ron
Old 08-21-2007, 08:29 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX7 CP PRO SETTING QUESTION

Gyro gain depends on the model and will vary, it must be set for each model. Many people use the gyro gain function built in the system and if the 65% is used in the gyro gain function, that would take a correspondingly higher value using sub trim or travel adjust to equal the same gain. Simply put though, it does vary from model to model.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:06 AM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by someone at Horrizon Hobbies that I don't want a value in [sub trim] but to place it back to 0. Put GEAR TO GEAR and go to [travel adjust] and add +80 and -70 for GEAR to start with.This should give me two settings on the gear switch for my GYRO. Is this correct?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:15 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either way will work, if you want to have 2 tail lock gain settings the only way to do it would be to use sub trim and travel adjust together, or use the built in gyro function, which is what I would recommend. But there are many ways this can be set up.