Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR-7000 signal blocked ?

Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR-7000 signal blocked ?

What is the possability of the incoming signal to the AR-7000 being blocked with the plane coming head on, like on a long final approach ? I'm thinking with a big engine like a DA 150, electronic ignition and batteries hanging on the firewall, plus a large fuel tank behind the firewall ?

Has there been any history of failure because of this ?

> Jim
Old 08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Default RE: AR-7000 signal blocked ?

Jim, do a ground range check, you can easily find out. My method was to walk in line with the fuselage, straight off the nose until I lost signal (bind depressed), then moved slightly left and right of centerline. It's worth the exercise.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I flew gobs of flights on my Eurosport Jet with the 7000 before I switched it to ar 9000. I flew the airplane to a dot several times from every angle imagineable with no apparent loss of signal at all.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

35% same thing behind a DA100 and 32oz tank......no problemo, also saw 3 Yak 100cc's this weekend setup the same that are certainly flown more than most.
I think that some are going to have problems regardless of the frequency
Old 08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Ed

ORIGINAL: aerobob

Jim, do a ground range check, you can easily find out. My method was to walk in line with the fuselage, straight off the nose until I lost signal (bind depressed), then moved slightly left and right of centerline. It's worth the exercise.
Bob, using this method, would you say that if I could maintain contact at 30 paces with the bind button depressed, that I would be alright ?

> Jim
Old 08-22-2007, 05:23 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

With my testing system, I get 46 paces. That is with the antenna pointing horizontal, directly AWAY from the airplane, in line with the fuselage centerline axis at waistlevel. Oh, I have "me" between the trans and the airplane, as I am walking away from it. At the point I lose the signal, I turn slightly left and right, and immediately recover the signal.

That makes me think that my testing method is a true "worst case" for signal attenuation, and 46 paces is much better than spec. I get this on all three of my gassers, up to 60cc size engines.

I have never received anything that I could call a momentary loss or blocking of signal... ever.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:38 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the purpose of the path redundancy built into the system with the remote receiver etc to avoid any problems with blocking etc. Range testing is the proper way as has been mentioned in earlier posts to find if your installation is set up properly.