Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Failsafe position

Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 AM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Failsafe position

I have just purchased the DSM2 AIRMOD for JR with the AR9000 receiver. I have set it up and everything works fine. Except what my understanding of the failsafe position is. The way I read the manual I thought if you go into failsafe the control surfaces should go to neutral and throttle to idle. What is happening is when the failsafe kicks in it is acting like PCM which is servo last position held. Is that the functionality or am I missing something? Based on what the document says, I thought they were supposed to go to neutral.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Failsafe position

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

The AR9000 and R921 receivers have 2 modes available. They have the Smart Safe as one option, which to set this you bind the receiver normally (leaving the bind plug in the Receiver until it completes the binding process). They also have a 'conventional' mode where all channels will be set to fail safe and the positions are stored during binding. To get into this mode, after you power up the receiver with the bind plug installed, the light begins to flash. Before you turn on the Tx in bind mode, you remove the bind plug from the receiver and then power up the Tx in bind mode. In both cases you will need to hold the channels in the fail safe positions desired through the whole binding procedure. In Smart Safe mode, only the throttle channel will be set to fail safe, in conventional mode all channels will be set to fail safe. And that applies only to the AR9000 and R921 receivers.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Failsafe position

THANKS! It would be nice if it were documented somewhere or did I miss it