Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 Servo reversing problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
corsaircrazy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9303 Servo reversing problem

Ok... I realize this is my first JR radio. I have had Futabas' and Hitec radios for 25 years. .. anyway, I was talked into buying a 9303 aero.
My problem is ... I have spent all weekend trying to figure out why when I reverse the aileron servos, they re-center about 45 degreees. Only the ailerons do that. The elevator, rudder and thottle just change direction, (as they should). I have all switches on "0". I even changed the wing config to Normal... so now only the right aileron jams up.
Am I am moron? I am really frusterated ! I have never seen a reverse change the center of a servo like that! I cleared out all model memory (several times) even changed the model name and number... to no avail. I have 811 servos. I tried with analog servos.... same thing. It is definitely in the transmitter or setup.
I have removed the servos and arms a half dozen times thinking I missed the arm location.... but soon found out that reversing the servo was the culprit.
If I move the flap switch to "1' they will come back down, but the travel will go full up but runs out of travel in the down stroke. Hey, were not talking 3D travel here...this is a small airplane (great planes revolver)..
On the other hand... if I leave the reversing to normal.... all is fine. (but backwards)

To recap.... reverse servo---both jam in up direction. All switches in 0 position... NO MIX on anything ... No switch re-assignments.... no previous program in transmitter (its new for gods sake...)

What am I doing wrong??? []

CC
Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 PM
bruce88123

Default RE: 9303 Servo reversing problem

I'm not a JR guy so I'm guessing at this. Have you zero'd all of the trims and subtrims. If you are not using flaps/flaperons I'll bet there is also a way to disable that function and/or switch altogether.

Typically if you have a servo centered (including all trims) and reverse it, there should be no visable movement of the arm until a stick or switch is moved afterward. Center should = center, or at least it does with my Futabas.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:16 PM
corsaircrazy

all trims /subtrims/ offsets are zero. I tried even inhibiting flaperon... still the same thing.

Yeah, it works with my futaba and hitec too. Not sure if it is a me problem or an tx problem

CC
Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 AM
polikarpov i16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try swiching the channels on the reciever
than start over

just an idea joe
Old 09-17-2007, 08:45 AM
dsnyder

Do you have any mixes active that might be affecting it? I'd recommend trying a clear model memory and re-try.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:49 AM
corsaircrazy

Dan,
I have cleared the memory several times, tried a different model # without doing anything, went directly to servo reversing... and off they go, jamming the aileron. I have removed the arm to keep them from damaging something. NO mix, no nothing.

CC
Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 AM
dsnyder

It is possible that reversing might change position slightly (very slightly), but it would definitely not be 45 degrees like you mentioned. Does it do this outside of the aircraft, i.e. servos just plugged into the receiver not mounted to the airplane? If so, I'd suggest sending the system in for a check up if you are sure there is no mixing or no trims affecting it.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:41 AM
corsaircrazy

Dan,
I have tried attaching different servos outside the airplane... same result. Looks like I need to send it in.
What all do they need? Just the transmitter, or the Transmitter, receiver, or the whole shebang?
BTW... I checked the Servo Moniter under functions, and at normal it is centered but reversed it is full scale. That means that the transmitter is driving the servo.

CC
Old 09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
corsaircrazy

Ok... I finally figured out a fix for this reversing issue. For some reason known only to JR software engineers, the default setting for the flap switch (3 pos) is: +100% / 0%/ -100%. So when you setting up your plane, this switch is active, no matter what, and position 0 runs the servo to about 45degrees up, so when you put the arms on, you are thinking it is centered.....NOT!!!. Long story short, I turned on the switch (which is already on, but not in the software) set all the values to zero% and VIOLA! it works......

I'll have to remember this for the next plane I set up...... A week of aggrivation and missed flying sessions would have been averted if JR had acknowleged that this switch is at 100% flap at the default setting. (WHY?) I would think 0% 0% 0% would be the default. ( a note in the manual would be nice)

Anyway.... Ready to set up plane this weekend, finally!

CC
Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there anyway to just inhibit that switch?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:11 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: tailskid

Is there anyway to just inhibit that switch?
I suggested that in post #2 so if it could be done I assume he would have done it.