Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 Spektrum module idea

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 AM
EricSoar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 Spektrum module idea

Hi Danny,

A suggestion for the PCM XP9303 (9XII) spektrum module ...

The 9303 Spekrum module has an antenna cable to get to the top mounted antenna. The module antenna connector sticks out a long way and is known to get knocked so that the cable comes away from the connector. Spektrum advise that the cable be checked before every flight! They say that they are working on a solution. The only good thing about this design is that the antenna is on top of teh radio in the right place and not behind the handle.

What I would like to see on the Spektrum module is the same solution that XPS are now using (as is the Futaba 12FG). That is the antenna comes out of the top of the module itself (not out the back) and goes between the radio body and the carry handle. You then have an antenna knee joint near the carry handle. I would buy one of those! The advantages of this system are:
- Easy to switch between 72 Mhz and 2.4 GHz.
- No cable to get stuck on things.
- No connector with cable sticking out to hit the ground when the Tx is put down.
- No antenna sticking out the back of the module that can hit the ground.

It's worth noting that XPS had the antenna on the module out the back. This antenna would hit the ground when the Tx was put down. The new XPS module has the antenna coming out the top of the module (the module has bulge for this). The antenna goes between the radio body and the carry handle. The knee joint near the handle allows the antenna to be collapsed side ways near the handle for storage. This is a very neat mechanical design.

Also, the Futaba 9C has the antenna on the module. Unfortunately, the antenna comes out the back (like XPs before they changed it). This would be a pain because the antenna would hit the ground when the Tx is put down. The Futaba 12FG has it right like XPs. The antenna comes out the top of the module and has a knee near the carry handle.

EricSoar.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:34 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 Spektrum module idea

The antenna connector was revised some time ago with the addition of a guard added. This issue is resolved.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 AM
BillPTC

Danny;
Is there a retro fit for my original modular antenna connection??

Bill PTC
Old 09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Solstice
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Danny,

I was not aware this issue and been resolved. Was there a notice on how folks who already owned these units can get theirs upgraded?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 AM
dsnyder

Yes, please contact our product support department for assistance. 877-504-0233 or "[email protected]"
Old 09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
mowery1

There is supposed to be a thread on here somewhere where an guy can somehow get rid of the cable coming out of the back of the spektrum module on the 9303 radio..My friend showed me his today and there is no cable coming out of the back of his module..So where's the thread or solution?? I want to fix mine the same way..Thanks., Rick
Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
dsnyder

Modifications to a system are not recommended.