Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flaperon menu

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:53 AM
dwilmot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaperon menu

Hi Danny or anyone else that can help.

First of all I'd like to say I'm another happy DX7 owner. No problems with my TX or RX.

I do have a problem though regarding setting up flaperons which will either be me not knowing how to use the DX7 menus or a shortcoming of the Phoenix simulator. Trying this out on an actual plane may confirm it is the simulator but I don't have that luxury at the moment because it is still under construction.

My issue is that I am trying to set up a plane to use the ailerons as flaps during landing/takoff. I've tried to follow the DX7 manual and am half successful. I've assigned the flaps to the mode switch so I can have three flap positions, NORM=neutral, MODE1=50% down, MODE2=100% down. The ailerons work as they should during flight but when I flick the switch to MODE1 the left aileron goes up and the right goes down. MODE2 continues movement in the same oposing directions but to 100% throw. Does this sound like I have done something wrong in the DX7 menus or is it more likely to be in the simulator set up?

By the way, I have passed this on to Phoenix and they are getting their software team to look into it which would sort of suggests that it isa simulator issue, or me not setting up the sim channel assignements properly.

Cheers

David

Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flaperon menu

You can check on the servo monitor to see if the channels are moving properly. If the ailerons are moving the proper direction with aileron stick movement, but then move as ailerons with flap movement my guess would be that it is something with the sim that you are using. But you can verify on the monitor of the transmitter to see for sure if they are moving correctly.