Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum binding to a MRX-3000?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 AM
IOWAREVO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum binding to a MRX-3000?

Anybody else having problems with this?

I have a DX2 (from a losi 8ight RTR) that I am trying to bind to a MRX-3000 in an RC18T

What is happening is, it binds, then the throttle takes off. I have adjust the throttle trim (+20) so it will neutral and had to reverse the steering. no big deal.

But when I pull the binding plug and shut the truck down and turn it back on I have no throttle at all. Steering works but no throttle. Any ideas?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:26 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum binding to a MRX-3000?

I'm not sure what an MRX-3000 is, are you speaking of the SR3000 receiver? Could there be a connection problem with a servo to the receiver or perhaps a problem with the servo?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:01 PM
rustyandjennifer

I am with Danny, I am assuming you are trying to use a Spektrum SR3000 with your RC18T. If the speed control is the stock XPS controller, you will likely need to switch ESCs. For more information on the problem, I am including a link to a description of the problem.

http://www.one18th.com/forums/showth...d=1#post427256

Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
IOWAREVO

Thanks for the explanation.

The MRX-3000 is the stock RX for a Losi mini, its DSM compatiable and was recommend by my LHS.

I can get it to work but I have to bind TX/RX everytime I power up. I experience a glitch once tonight, it seemed to happen when another guy turned on his TX. May have been a coincidence. If I understand the TX logic correctly, since I had already established a frequency, the other guys radio would detect mine and adjust, correct? Mine wouldn't change would it?

Thanks again, I plan on getting a new ESC when I can.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:20 AM
dsnyder

The 'frequency' does not change after power up, when you power up the TX selects the channel to operate on and then the RX links to the TX. Are you pressing the bind button on the TX when you turn it on? Are you attempting to link with large metal objects nearby? You may also try to take a few steps back to see if it will link.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
IOWAREVO

It binds. I keep the TX button in until it stops flashing. It makes sense it's the ESC. Since the spektrum takes a couple of seconds to establish a link with the RX the ESC goes into failsafe. What bugs me is that even if it's in failsafe shouldn't it still look for a signal from the RX (after 2 seconds) and exit failsafe?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:31 AM
dsnyder

The system will continue to search for the signal from the TX that it was bound as long as it is powered. Just make sure that after the system has been bound, that you don't press the bind button on the back of the TX when you power it up when the RX has already been bound.