Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR/Spektrum 2.4GHz receivers and rx antennas; how many and what type?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:01 AM
eajohnson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR/Spektrum 2.4GHz receivers and rx antennas; how many and what type?

Danny indicated in an earlier thread that the Spektrum 6100 contains a single receiver and uses two channels. I presume this means that the antenna is in fact a dipole antenna connected to this single receiver, and that it is therefore not optimal to orient the two sides of the antenna at an angle to each other. One of our club members has been trying for some time to get an answer from Spektrum engineering on this with no success.

The R921 on the other hand has the antennas on the main RX body at right angles. I'm thinking this implies that there are in fact two receivers inside the main body, and that the satellite rx is a single receiver with a dipole. Adding a second satellite with a dipole then makes a total of four receivers; two in the main rx body, and one in each of the satellites. Is that correct?

If someone could post a quick summary for each of the JR and Spektrum RX's regarding whether the rx's and their corresponding satellites have one, or two receiver sections in them, and whether the antennas are dipole or not. This will help in making placement and orientation decisions.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR/Spektrum 2.4GHz receivers and rx antennas; how many and what type?

You are correct for the 6100 and the R921. The antenna should remain straight as the exit the case for all of the receivers.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 AM
eajohnson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR/Spektrum 2.4GHz receivers and rx antennas; how many and what type?

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

You are correct for the 6100 and the R921. The antenna should remain straight as the exit the case for all of the receivers.
Thanks Danny I'll pass that along to the other folks in my club that fly Spektrum/JR.

- Eric