Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Loosing bind on 9303

I have a 9303 with the Spektrum module system. I have lost binding on 2 different occasions. The first time, I had removed the TX battery to remove the back to adjust the stick tension. I assumed the probable cause was removing the battery (does the Tx back-up battery not maintain the binding)? The second time was this past weekend. I had already flown one flight, everything went as normal. I went to fly the next flight and absolutely no response. Repeated attempts to turn on the system and get it to respond were futile. Neither of the receivers had any lights come on. We went through the binding process again and everything worked fine the rest of the day. I have this system in a 2.6 Comp ARF 260 with a DA100, Smart-Fly power expander and regulator, and Fromeco Relions. Needless to say I don't want the system to loose binding while in flight but I was under the impression that once the binding process was complete, there was no need to rebind unless major changes were made to the system. Do I have a problem?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Loosing bind on 9303

I have ( 2 ) JR X9303 Radios and have been looking at possible getting the 2.4 Module for one or both My Radios. This is very interesting to me. I'm wondering If Waiting till JR X9303 2.4Ghz comes out this Summer is better and safer choice??? When I flew Electric Birds I learned to Fly on a Pair of Specktrum DX6 Radios. Last Saturday I lost a airplane that went into Failsafe when lost it LOST reception about 150 Yards out on take off. It had theh JR R790 Scan Select Receiver in it. It's really bad feeling when YOUR Plane NO LONGER is under ANY CONTROLL from Your Radio. Wasn't a real Expensive Bird but it was My Favorite one to fly!!! My direct E-mails ezhomebuying@comcast.net Sure like call You and learn all I can about 2.4 and it's dependability in flight. I'm hearing new one will be twice as fast But the modules are over $500 less/ Radio. Would I even feel difference in speed and I'm 62 and may not need speed for simple aerobatics and having Safe Fun. I'd be buying the JR 7000 2.4Ghz 7 channel Dual Receivers and probable a 24" extension for 2nd Receiver. richgrow
    HTML

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought the 2.4 module to eliminate the interference I was having at our field on ch.24. I have been impressed by what I perceive to be a more "solid" feel than I ever had before. I'm sure response is quicker than before, but my flying style and ability does not lend itself to taking full advantage of those properties. I have been extremely happy until this experience with the system "unbinding". I really need to find out if this is a problem others are having or is it unique to my system and a problem I need to take care of. I certainly don't want to 'unbind' in flight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is not possible for the system to 'lose bind'. Make sure you do not turn the system on holding the bind button unless you are binding, if you do, you must bind the transmitter to the receiver again. Also if you are standing too close to the model or near large metal objects etc, it is possible for the system not to link on power up, which is not a binding problem, but a linking issue. Linking and binding are 2 different things.
    Danny Snyder
    Horizon Hobby / Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Danny,

I tried serveral times to get the system to link up. I had already flown once that day and was about to fly the second time. I turned on the receiver first and then the tx. When I could not get it to link up, I turned rx and tx off and tried again turning on the tx first. I don't think I hit the bind button when I turned the system on. Also, this is the second time this has happened. It has always been my understanding the system is "once bound always bound" so I don't know if we have an unusual amount of onterference that would cause the system not to link up.....should I be worried about flying?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Question after turning on the TX are you waiting several seconds for the transmitter to find and lock onto two channels?

I always turn the TX first wait a few seconds and then the RX it links every time.

John F. Clarke
    AMA 9473
    My remember is broke..I think!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes.. there is always a lag in time between turning the system on and the unit locking up which is indicsted not only by control being established, but also by the lights on the receivers coming on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

But that isn't what he asked.

He asked if YOU were turning on the Tx first ---- then (you are) waiting several seconds before turning on the Rx (plane)????

Big difference in procedure.

It would SEEM that you are doing something out of sequence as it isn't possible to just "loose bind" if it has been properly established.
    The ground reached up and smote my airplane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I cannot say I have always turned the tx on first....However, this past Sunday after I turned the tx and rx on and the system did not link up, I tried several more times turning the tx on each time before the rx and waited quite a long time each time and the system would not link up. I the went through the bind procedure afterwards and everything worked normally. As I stated initially, this is the second time this has happened. I suppose I could have accidentally pressed the tx bind button at the same time that I turned on the tx, but if so, it would seem that the bind button needs to be more protected. Strange though, 2 weeks in a row I have had to go through the bind procedure at the field to get the system to work.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most likely you will find that your procedure is in error,

I couldn't begin to tell you where as I simply don't have the facts. But I can say that most likely you have not established "bind".

Get an experienced Spektrum flier, if possible, and go through it step by step.
    It is a simple procedure once learned--------just don't think it is related to your previous experience(s)-------follow it step by step as it really is simple.
    But it is different than 27/72-75/six meters et al.

As an after thought, are you certain you have the JR/Spektrum supplied switch harness plugged into the appropriate place on the Rx------??? Using the bind plug as prescribed? Pulling the bind plug when completed? Tx on the appropriate model throughout?

When in doubt FOLLOW THE BOOK!!!
    The ground reached up and smote my airplane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what is the difference between a 2ch and a 3ch radio

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what are the functions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you attempting to link near large metal objects? Are you standing very close to the model? Are you pressing the bind button on the module on power up accidently?
    Danny Snyder
    Horizon Hobby / Team JR