Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

uneven flaperon travel

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 01:53 PM
empidriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uneven flaperon travel

Danny,

I am using a 622 in flaperon function to control a delta wing model, in lieu of elevon mix. The travel of the left elevon, up and down, is less than that of the right elevon in the elevator (flap) mode. Total travel of both surfaces in the aileron mode is identical. The servos are matched, and the control horns on both the servos and the elevons are the same length and the control rods are at the same distance from the surface and the center of the servo axis. The neutral points for both surfaces are set so the trim switches are centered. I cannot figure out what is causing this. Flaperon mix is set to 125% to maximize the elevator (flap) travel. Can you give me any hints as to why that left elevon isn't traveling as far as the right one?

Thanks for the help.
Jim
Old 03-25-2003, 02:12 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zero out the travel of the flap channel with the flap switch in both positions if you haven't already. I set one up with those settings and both servos are moving the same amount. You can also use the dual rates for the elevator, or aileron if needed, to increase or decrease the travel of each.
Old 03-29-2003, 03:34 AM
empidriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uneven flaperon travel from 622

Danny,

As you suggested I checked to see if the flap travel was set to zero at both flap switch positions. It was. I double checked the length of the control horns and the horns on the servos, and everything is equal. Aileron travel remains equal at max throw for both the left and right elevons. I also opened up the airplane and switched channels on the reciever for the two servos, and that moved the problem to the other side of the airplane. It is the aux channel that is not traveling far enough. So I'm still stumped by this one. Any other ideas?

Jim
Old 03-31-2003, 09:46 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like with the elevator you are simply runnning out of travel on that servo. Do you have any sub trim on that channel? If so, bring it back to zero and recenter the arm on the servo. Outside of this, you would need to back down the throw some until this condition stops.