Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

X9303 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:14 PM
jpherit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X9303 Manual

I have an X9303 on order. While waiting ,I decided to download the operation manual to start familiarizing myself with the programming. I understand that when I get my radio, the manual will be on CD. Because of this I decided to print out the downloaded manual so I could have the convenience of a paper copy. I sent the .pdf file to my local Kinko asking them to print double sided and bind it for me. Unfourtunately, they declined to do so citing the copyright.

I would have thought that the right to print one copy for personal use would be either implicitly or explicitly allowed. If it is allowed, will there be an explicit statement to that effect on the CD version so I can get a paper copy professionally printed?

JPHerit

Old 10-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: X9303 Manual

Find a different Kinkos....

I had my local Kinkos print mine on three hole paper double sided and put it in a 1/2" ring binder, it works great and cost me about $16 for the printing and binder. They didn't say anything about copyright issues.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:49 AM
RussWisc

I printed a copy of the Heli manual for my JR 9303 off a HP Printed just printed the odd pages 1st put them back in printer and printed even pages of each Chapter it ended up dbl sided just like my plane manual worked good
Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
onewasp

ipherit

Zeeb is right-----sounds as if you got a fresh out of franchise school "would be Cop".
Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM
jpherit

I live in a University town. I suppose that our local Kinko's might have a strict policy to guard against students copying textbooks, copyrighted notes, etc. that are clearly against copyright law. My manual just got caught in their defensive policy. That is just a conjecture on my part. I'll try a different Kinko's in a nearby city and see what happens.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:18 AM
RussWisc

if kinkos charges $20 for printing ,,,, Horizon Hobbys sells the JR manuals all 3 for i think $15 ea..
Old 10-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I thought about ordering the manual from Horizon, but never found one on the website and I didn't call to inquire as Danny (IIRC) had said they "would" be available.

Then there was the time issue; Kinkos took ten minutes and I had it in my hands.

$15.00 from Horizon plus probably $5.00 to ship it and most likely a week to get in my hands.

I considered having Kinkos bind it, but decided on the binder as it will lay flat when open.

By the time I went and got three hole paper, did the alternate page deal on my personal laser since it won't natively do both sides, figured the cost per page of that.... Well 10 minutes and $16.00 for the complete manual looked like a whole lot better deal to me...[8D]

YMMV.....