Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR R921 Dual Power Input and other ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
pappy35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR R921 Dual Power Input and other ???'s

Danny,

I just bought the subject receiver for use in my GP Yak.
[ul][*] My Fromeco regulator has two power outputs. I'd like to use both for the increased current capacity this provides but I also am also using a data-logger. Can I plug the power input or data logger into one of the unused channels (8 or 9)? There are two power inputs but one is labeled Power/Data.[*] Has the AR9000 Service Bulletin (capacitor vibration isolation) been incorporated into the R921?[*] Can I use the remote receiver from an older AR7000 as a second remote?
[/ul]
Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: JR R921 Dual Power Input and other ???'s

Since Danny has posted a sticky saying he'll be out of the office until 10/29, I'll try to answer your questions based on my experience and what I've seen Danny post;

The R921 and the AR9000 both have two battery ports, one is for the data logger and the other is for binding. The only port you can use for the data logger is the battery port that is so labeled. Likewise on the battery port that is labeled for binding, it's the only one you can use to bind the rx.

The power buss in the rx's is common, power can be put into any open slot. It's been suggested that you may want to consider using a Y to input power at the battery ports and also give you access to the bind/data functions. I put my dual power inputs into the battery ports, but since the regulators only have two leads, I added a signal wire to those harnesses which bypasses the regulators but gives you a path for binding/data functions through the switches.

Danny has said that the SB on the AR9000 does not apply to the R921's as they are built in different places.

There is one poster here who tried to get the satellite rx's from older AR7000's to work with his new R921 and was unsuccessful. Look for a thread labeled "AR9000 data" or something like that. He got some new satellite rx's and the setup worked fine so he was going to send in the older satellite rx's to see if there was some sort of problem.

Hope that helps.....

edit info:

I found the thread. Read through it a bit (starts about post #7 I think) and you'll see the references and all the testing this individual did trying to get the older satellite rx's to work with his R921.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6046557/tm.htm
Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 AM
pappy35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I saw that sticky after I posted.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:23 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, yes, and yes.