Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10X with Module Flap Setup question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 PM
F4dar
My Feedback: (55)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X with Module Flap Setup question

Hi Guys,
I have 10X with A Spektrum module, AR9000 Rx using all 9 channels for my JET. To have enough channels, I am not using quad flaps, instead flaperon set up. My Aux 2 ch is going into Matchbox, out to 2 flaps. I have mixed the flap switch into Aux 2. I am not able to set up and get my flaps to move correctly:

1) How can I home the flap servos,, I dont have a step by step prcess to set the Start point and two settings:
2) when I program offset (-84) I am not able to get three different positions (Land and Take off and no flap)
2) How can I get three position switching using mixed in flap switch.

thanks for your help
Jason
Old 10-29-2007, 09:15 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 10X with Module Flap Setup question

It sounds like it would be best to use aux 1 for the flaps and use the built in flap system function in the 10X to set up the flap movement. Then use a program mix to set up the dual ailerons, say aileron to aux 2, set the rates to 100%, then press page twice and turn the trim on and set the MASTER type to INCL.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 PM
F4dar

Hi Danny,
Thanks for quick response. The setup youre suggesting is in Flaperon wing type? and the only disadvantage would be no aileron diff ??? is this correct? (manual ail diff)

Thanks
jason
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Eric.Henderson

ORIGINAL: HOVERLOVER

Hi Guys,
I have 10X with A Spektrum module, AR9000 Rx using all 9 channels for my JET. To have enough channels, I am not using quad flaps, instead flaperon set up. My Aux 2 ch is going into Matchbox, out to 2 flaps. I have mixed the flap switch into Aux 2. I am not able to set up and get my flaps to move correctly:

1) How can I home the flap servos,, I dont have a step by step prcess to set the Start point and two settings:
2) when I program offset (-84) I am not able to get three different positions (Land and Take off and no flap)
2) How can I get three position switching using mixed in flap switch.

thanks for your help
Jason

A way to get the 10 aux-2 three position s/w to do three flap postions is to use mix 56, 57 or 58.

INH AUX-2

Mix AUX- to AUX-2 with curve

NO switch selection required

Choose ORIG in mix selection on the third screen.

Now you can dial three point-mix-values to give you the desired flap deflections on 0, 1 and 2 positions of AUX-2.

(To get the three positions of ELEV-OFF-FLAP to do the same you will need two mixes. This is because the switch is really coded as two separate switches off/elev and off/flap)

To get auto-down elevator with the AUX-2 as a switch you use one of the remaining 56, 57 or 58 mixes.

Mix AUX-2 to elevator and do a similar three point mix to get the desired elevator trims.

It is easier to show than describe, but I hope this gives you some food for thought?

Regards,

Eric.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:34 AM
dsnyder

No, I was suggesting to not use the flaperon type, that way you can use the flap system built into the radio for setting up the flaps, then setting dual aileron through a program mix.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:54 AM
F4dar

Danny and Eric,
thanks for your posts. I tried both options and works great. I like to ask your opinions on one other feature. I have Rudder ch connected to Nose Gear Steering and the Rudder to AUX 4 with A rudder to Aux4 mix. what would be the best way to mix gear switch that would disable the nose gear steering when the gear is up. so that rudder still works but nose gear doesnt turn when using rudder in flight?

thanks alot
Jason
Old 10-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Eric.Henderson

I use this all of the time on my P-61. It's pretty easy

Just select the gear as a switch on the 2nd page of the mix set up of rudder to AUX.

Eric.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 AM
dsnyder

Simply select the gear switch in the program mix and set the rates as needed. Say 0% in gear up position and 100% in the gear down position.