Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Multi Servo 40%set up

Old 10-29-2007, 08:06 PM
off2fly
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi Servo 40%set up

Danny & Gentlemen,I'm going to build a QQ 120"Yak ,w/3 8611 on matchbox each aileron,3 8611 on matchbox for rudder,1 8711 ea.Ele. I have normally used 2 receivers w/reg.,switch and 4800 lith. ion on each.Is this ok?)or should I run one power wire from reg.to reciever and the other one to a matchbox ect...??Thanks for advice,Vann
Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Multi Servo 40%set up

2 Receivers are not needed or recommended. However if running 3 servos through a matchbox you will need to add power to the matchboxes, this could be done by adding Y's to each from the switches.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 PM
off2fly

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

2 Receivers are not needed or recommended. However if running 3 servos through a matchbox you will need to add power to the matchboxes, this could be done by adding Y's to each from the switches.
So I should run an extra power wire from voltage regulator's to matchboxes and remove the jumper?How should I rig if using 1 receiver?I have never heard a problem w/using 2 receivers,would that be interferance ?I was told to use two recievers because of all the servo load would be more than reciever buss could handle.Does JR have some approved wiring diagrams .I want to rig this bird correctly,just lacking the no how.Many thanks for help! Vann
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 AM
dsnyder

That is one way to do it, something else I have done is to leave the jumper and plug the power into an open port in the matchbox to double up on the power to the matchbox. The main limitation is the connector. The receiver can easily handle aircraft up to 40% and many beyond without problems. I run 1 receiver in everything, there just isn't any need to run multiple receivers. Single receiver with redundant power supply is the best system. You don't need to do anything special to run one receiver.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
off2fly

Thanks for the info,So does it hurt anything to run 2 receivers?I would think that if you had 2 receivers,batteies and sw's and you lost any of them you would have a chance to get your plane down safely,and split the servo load.Just curious! thanks, Vann
Old 11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
dsnyder

In 72 Mhz, it can reduce the range. It also adds a potential failure point. A single receiver with redundant power supply is recommended.