Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Digital Servo & Receiver Current Meter

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:05 AM
nobodytwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Servo & Receiver Current Meter

Danny:

Have purchased a Digital Servo & Receiver Current Meter to use during the set up of new aircraft. After "playing" with this new meter it has become apparent that most loaded voltmeters have an inadequate load (250 to 350mah). I did a test with a installed AR7000, 4 DS821's and a FMA Co-pilot. The system drew between .28 and .32 amps at rest, .75 to 95 with normal servo movement and when all servos were rapidly activated the draw went as high as 1.49 amps.
Folks using the "old" system are yelling "I'm hit" were actually they are running out of juice, not really getting radio interference.
I suggest the Digital Variable Load Voltmeter, by Hangar Nine, set to at least 1 amp load is the meter of choice. If the result is 5.5 volts or less, on a six volt system, or 4.8 on a four cell battery, then it's recharge time. Is this over kill?

Thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Digital Servo & Receiver Current Meter

Oops, forgot I was on Danny's forum....[sm=47_47.gif]
Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Digital Servo & Receiver Current Meter

That is a little overkill in terms of load for some systems, but margin for safety is never a bad thing. My don't fly below point on a 6V battery is 6V however.