Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

light receiver for 45'' electric plane?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light receiver for 45'' electric plane?

Hi Danny
I am building a small Katana MD electric and need a receiver (PCM or FM). IS JR 6RSUL only for indoor because the Katna is 45'' span and i'll fly outdoor only IMAC/3D. Would Berg 7 (horizon product) be a better idea?

Katana's specs:
Wing span: 1170mm/ 46"
Length :1140mm/ 44.9"
Weight : Approx 965g 34oz
Wing Area: 500 sq.in
Wing Loading: Approx 9.77oz/sq.ft
Motor: PA Thrust 30
Servos: 4 Micro servos 1.5kg/cm toruqe
http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...px?prodID=1104

PLease feel free to comment.
Daniel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33306.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	797442  
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: light receiver for 45'' electric plane?

The RS6UL is for slow and park flyer aircraft, and for the aircraft you mention it should work fine.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Scoubidou

What distance could i go without loosing the signal? I have 9303 TX FM/PCM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
dsnyder

It is a line of sight system for slow and park flyer aircraft.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Scoubidou

Thanks
I'll try it.
Daniel
Old 01-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Scoubidou

Hello Danny
I am building my plane but i have 2 servos for the ailerons and the RS6UL has only one channnel for the aileron. How would you plug the second ailerons servo?

Gear channel is availlable and i have 9303 TX. Should i mix gear channel with ailerons? Is there a built in mix?

Daniel
Old 01-16-2008, 11:48 AM
dsnyder

With that system you can either use flaperon and use channel 6 for the second aileron, or use the dual function in the wing type menu and select either gear or flap to use for the second aileron channel under aileron. Before doing that however, inhibit the channel you wish to use for the second aileron in the device select function.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 AM
vtcornercarver

Hi, I am also using a JR sport RS6UL receiver, and want to use two aileron servos. the 6th channel on the RX says Battery/Aux 1. If I use Aux 1 for the second aileron servo, what channel would I use to plug in the battery? This RX will be used with my 9303 TX in an electric Lipo setup. it is my first electric powered airplane after years of pattern. always been a JR pilot, but until now have run 4 stroke YS with JR RX. Thanks, Pete[8D]
Old 04-18-2010, 09:14 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most Rx's have a common bus for the battery. If you have an Rx that has a channel port marked for both a channel and the battery, that is not a problem. Just plug a Y harness into any of the channel ports, plug the servo into one side of the Y harness and plug the battery into the other side of the Y harness. You can do this for any of the channel ports you choose, even the channel/battery port.

Some pilots, on more expensive aircraft, use two Rx batteries for redundancy, in case one fails. They connect each battery to a separate Switch harness, and connect each Switch harness to a different channel port, using a Y harness, if a servo is also being connected to that channel port.

The reason the manufacturer of the Rx may not include a separate battery port on the Rx is just to keep the size down, the weight down, and the cost down.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
vtcornercarver

thanks for educating me. since writing my question I have finished installing all the servos in my extreme rc extra 300 exp. I don't want to install the lipo yet, I want to be extra safe about putting power to the motor/prop. so I got a Y harness that I have had forever, and plugged a nicad pack into the aux 1/battery channel and everything is working. I want to be sure to secure the airplane outside just to be safe before turning on the lipo power for the first time. I hopefully will do the last bit of construction on this plane (glue the stab and elevator, and the rudder, then center all the servos and run the carbon fibre linkage rods thru the ez connectors and then set up the throws for flight mode, expo etc. I am in the home stretch. can't wait to get it all balanced and trimmed and then off to the field for the always scary first flight.[8D]