Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

x 347 and 401 gyro

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 01:30 AM
joes38-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x 347 and 401 gyro

I am trying to put a 401 gyro to this radio I do not have the manual on the radio the gyro tells me to plug sensitivity to ch 5 then the gyro does not work in hh mode help. newbie
Old 03-31-2003, 02:18 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Using channel 5, you can use the travel adjust to set the gain. I'm not sure of how the 401 gyro sets up, but I believe that settings above the center point will be hh, and below will be rate.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:35 PM
89X-Cell60

Hello Joe,

I have this exact setup on my X-Cell 60. I have the HH/Rate set on my gear switch (Channel 5). I have the "+" (gear switch away from you) in the travel adjustment at 28 for HH, and the "-" (gear switch towards you) at 35. These are my points, yours maybe different.

One thing I found that was weird about this combo was that the travel adjustment on the rudder was 50% to the left and 50% to the right. I found that the pot on the 401 was the 1st thing to set for your travel adjustment, and then the travel adjustment was to get the stick to move with the tail rotor. It is kind of confusing I know, but have the 401 on RATE, then watch the rudder and the movement of the rudder stick on the 347. I found that the higher the travel adjustment I used the rudder would reach its end but I still had some movement left on the 347's rudder stick. You will just need to find the happy medium between the travel of the tail rotor to the travel of the stick. Plus I just found that by raising the travel adjustment I got a faster pirouette, but once again the stick had the endplay. Go figure

Hope this helps,
Old 04-06-2003, 09:15 PM
joes38-RCU

Default 401/x347

thanks for all your help joe.