Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Unlimited 8 with Spektrum module

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:29 AM
oldtimer143

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR Unlimited 8 with Spektrum module

Hi guys,
I've got the Spektrum DX7 system and am having a ball with it. I've also got 3 old JR Unlimited 8 transmitters that I'd like to set up with the Spektrum modules. However, after purchasing the module and taking it home to fit to the transmitter, I found that the pins in the transmitter are too fine to make contact with the sockets in the module, which in any case is not clipping home due to the pin circuit board being too large (it seems). Has anybody else found this problem and what did you do to fix it? IS it fixable? The Spektrum website lists the Unlimited 8 as being compatible, but it seems that mine (at least) is not.

I'd really like to be able to use these old transmitters as they have a superb feel and do everything I need without being overly complicated. I guess I'm showing my age a little, but the new radios seem to do everything but make your coffee and I don't need all that "fluff"!!

Cheers,
Greg
Old 11-21-2007, 01:13 AM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Unlimited 8 with Spektrum module

G'day Greg,
Why not just stick to the DX7, or have you got more than 20 planes ready to fly.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 AM
dsnyder

I've not heard of that being a problem, the TX module design has remained unchanged for many years. The system should work fine w/ the unlimited 8. You can send the system in for a check up and to see if the issue can be corrected.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Litngflyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What TX antenna is used with that setup?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
oldtimer143

The original antenna is removed, a mounting stump is inserted and the new Spektrum antenna slides over the top of it. The wire is external, and mounts into the module.

I might still try another of my transmitters - perhaps the one I tried was unique - but of course I'll also need to replace the batteries now too. Having just bought a JR DSX9 last month, I've put the conversion process on the backburner anyway, but you never know. They are great transmitters after all.