Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

uneven elevon travel again

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 03:15 AM
empidriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uneven elevon travel again

Danny,

I have been flying a delta wing model with my 622 radio, and using flaperon as a substitute for elevon mix. As per your previous advice, I have zeroed out the travel on the flap channel. but the left elevon still travels less in the elevator mode than the right one. Aileron travel is equal on both sides. I swapped the servo plugs in the receiver, and the problem shifted to the right side. You had responded: "It sounds like with the elevator you are simply running out of travel on that servo. Do you have any sub trim on that channel? If so, bring it back to zero and recenter the arm on the servo. Outside of this, you would need to back down the throw some until this condition stops."

Since the elevon (flaperon) that is not getting full travel is on the Aux channel, I don't understand your last email. Shouldn't the travel of both be equal when I pull up elevator? I don't understand how backing off on the travel of the elevator will help. How do I set subtrim on the Aux channel? Admittedly, I don't fully understand this radio, and maybe need some remedial help.

Jim
Old 04-03-2003, 07:55 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default uneven elevon travel again

The difference is likely in the servos. Generally 2 servos will not travel exactly the same amount. You can try keeping the elevator to flap mix percentage at 100% and not above, that may help. But if your flap channel travel adjustment values are at 0, that is about all that you can do, besides reducing the overall travel, such that you are not hitting the end point of one servo before the other. Also be sure that your sub trim values are 0, or very close to it, to minimize wasted travel of the servo.