Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

RX power supply

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RX power supply

Hi,

I was thinking about using two separate batteries/switches with two separate connection to the RX. Is it ok to use a servo output for this ?

The setup will contain a primary and backup battery. The primary will be regulated to 5.7v and the backup to 5.1v. Since the voltage from the primary is higher, the backup should only be used if the voltage from the backup drops bellow 5.1v. At least this is my imagination ...

I wonder if this setup is ok for the RX, without any problems ... what do you think ??

Thanks in advance
Kjell Olav
Old 11-27-2007, 01:32 PM

Default RE: RX power supply

ORIGINAL: 67685

Hi,

I was thinking about using two separate batteries/switches with two separate connection to the RX. Is it ok to use a servo output for this ?

The setup will contain a primary and backup battery. The primary will be regulated to 5.7v and the backup to 5.1v. Since the voltage from the primary is higher, the backup should only be used if the voltage from the backup drops bellow 5.1v. At least this is my imagination ...

I wonder if this setup is ok for the RX, without any problems ... what do you think ??

Thanks in advance
Kjell Olav
...Just correcting a fault in my explaination ...[&:]

" ..... the backup should only be used if the voltage from the PRIMARY drops bellow 5.1V. ..... "

Sorry
Kjell Olav
Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That can be done yes. Most flyers try to set them up to where they draw evenly (same voltage), however what you are asking can be used.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 AM

... the reason for voltage difference is that the backup- battery will never be used if everything works as normal , and by using a li-po, you do not need to charge so often ... Basically, you operate this system as for only one back.

The regulators prevent backflow (inter-gharging between the packs), as far as i know, the RX just contain a bus bar for power ?? ( no component to take into consideration)

Kjell Olav
Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct, the RX uses a power bus for power.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 PM

Ok, thanks Danny, it should work just fine then.

Kjell Olav