Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

rx repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 07:06 AM
flap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx repair

I have 2 recievers, a JR 600 and 700, which need to be serviced.
The 600, when you touch it, causes the sevs to go nutz.
The 700 has a male end from the switch broken off inside the batt. port., (from a crash)
Ive never sent anything in for repair, so, I need to know some basic info such as how and where to ship, approx. cost, can I get an estimate prior to repairs ect. and how to pay.
Any help will be most appreciated.

Also, while Im at it, I have a 4 star with a large wingspan, the aileron servs quiver untill some juice is lost from the batt.
I had a 6-volt installed, this was worse, then changed to a 4.8 volt which helped some.
Im building an Edge now and would like to know of means to bypass this problem.
Ive been told JRs are sensitive to long serv extentions and that there are devices that can be installed to help this.
Any ideas??

Thanks a bunch!
Old 04-08-2003, 01:01 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rx repair

To service your equipment, send it to this address.

Horizon Service Center
Attn: JR Service
4105 Fieldstone Rd
Champaign IL 61822

Either send in a letter, or fill out this form http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/medi...rchecklist.pdf . We can not provide an estimate without first seeing the equipment and making an evaluation. We accept Visa and Mastercard, as well as money orders, or a certified check.

JR is not sensitive to long leads. The only devices I would suggest are the new JR RF filters, part numbers JRPA028 for a snap style, and JRPA029 for a ring style. With these, you simply wrap an extention around it a couple of times, and it reduces the noise that is transmitted to the receiver from the extension. Be sure that your servos are not mounted too rigidly, i.e. screws too tight or mounting rails too tight against the servo. Also make sure that there is no slop in the control system, and that your hinges are secure, slop free, and easy to move.