Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 6102 and 30% Gas

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
reidwilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 6102 and 30% Gas

Ok, first RC Universe post.

I have a JR 6102 TX. It's being used on 3 planes. My son and I are moving into 30% gas.

The new plane will require dual elevators. I know how to set that up. Inhibit gear, mix #4 ele to gear.

I am thinking about using the new JR R7xx scan select receiver.

I want to run A123 batteries straight (no regulators) direct to the receiver, this way: battery to bat, battery to y w/ throttle servo to throttle on receiver. What does JR think of this?

How can I add an optical ignition kill? I am ok with a y-harness for ailerons (we do not anticipate using flaps or differential on an Extra), that way, aux 1 would be free for the ignition kill. Hopefully, you will tell me that there is a way.

Believe me, I have already looked for the answer. Well, easy answer is to buy a 7 or 9 channel system.

Thanks for your help.

Best, Reid.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 6102 and 30% Gas

If you wish to use the optical kill switch that would be one way to set it up. I would recommend the R790 for gas powered aircraft with that transmitter. The servos are designed to handle 6V nicad or nimh battery systems. If you choose another type, you need to ensure that the voltage is within the voltage of a 6V system.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:47 PM
reidwilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"If you wish to use the optical kill switch that would be one way to set it up."

Is there a better way? I thougth about using the left switch on TX as the ignition kill (setting up normal setup, no flaperon) and on the RX run optical kill from flap (aux 1).

I understand the JR recommendation to keep voltage at 6v or less. I'll consider regulators or use std. 5 cell NMH batteries.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks. Reid Williams

Old 12-14-2007, 09:22 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the set up you described using aux 1 would be the only remaining option.