Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Receiver new "Quick Connect" feature

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:11 PM
StevL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Receiver new "Quick Connect" feature

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Ok here is my R921--the elevator stick was constantly being moved--all I did was turn the power off and on-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDrhYn_5DY
I'll say that is pretty darn quick, much faster than my second one. All I would say is to check it a few times. I have no idea why but my first one has always connected ultra fast, the second has varied from maybe a second to a few seconds... why? Heck if I know.

original by:
Ken6PPC
Riddle me this:

I have three 921 Rx's. All three have the same quick connect time. As nearly as I can figure it, reconnecting takes about 1/2 second - the same time that I estimate it took StevL's 921 to connect to his 921 that flashes in the video.

However, one does flash after turning the power off and back on, and two do not flash!

My Rx's are all pretty new. The oldest one came with my X9303, which I picked up on 10/2/07. That one flashes. The two newest ones do not flash. Both of them were special ordered from Horizon through my LHS. One was picked up on 12/14/07, and the other one on 1/15/08.

It seems to me that the flashing doesn't mean ANYTHING!
Ken I can't answer that. Maybe the lights don't mean a thing??? All I could do was to sample (a very crude test) my 3 Rx and two buddies Rx and one in the box at the LHS (total of 6 Rx). These were all new radio systems (these all came in last week) the enclosed Rx blinked. The two I ordered seperately that came in the other day did not and they reboot much slower as you can see in my videos.

That's all I know other than they will update the firmware which I have sent two Rx that I believe need to be done. The guru at our LHS (over 30 years in the hobby) agreed there was a very large difference in reboot time. He called their rep and was told there were indeed two software generations.... no hardware differences.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I will prolly just send mine in anyway--wont be flying for at least a month anyway--I just ordered a 7000 so I will wait till that comes in to see if it needs to be sent in also.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Ken6PPC

Ok here is my R921--the elevator stick was constantly being moved--all I did was turn the power off and on-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDrhYn_5DY
Josey, the reconnect time you had was about the same as mine. I noticed that your LED's didn't blink either!

What does the blinking or lack of blinking mean? I'm confused......
Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Ken6PPC

ORIGINAL: rino

Will the 921's with the quick connect work with the DX7 radio? I would like to sell my 7000's and upgrade.
As I understand this, the quick connect feature works with DSM2. Since the DX7 operates with DSM2, I think the quick connect feature would work with your DX7 as well.

They are saying that the 7000 rx's can be upgraded with the new firmware. I'd suggest you call Horizon and talk to them about it. Perhaps all you will need to do is send your rx's in to take advantage of the quick connect.

Let us know what you find out!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick connect is a feature that if there is a momentary power loss, the system will reconnect using the 2 frequencies it was locked onto prior to the power loss (assuming the TX is still operating on those frequencies i.e. the TX is still on and operating), and the lights on the receiver will slowly flash indicating that there has been a power loss. If you see this after a flight, you have a power problem in your model that you need to address before you fly again.

Please keep in mind that this forum is for direct support only and not for open discussion. If you have further questions, contact our service department, or begin a new thread.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Josey Wales

So then if the rx DOES NOT flash, then it doesn't have the quick connect correct ?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:34 PM
TheSteve

I finally received my x9303 yesterday. It was easy to confirm the R921 has the quick connect feature. I did a quick power cycle and the receiver LEDs all did the slower flash. Control to the servos was also instant - much faster then 1 second or even half a second, as soon as you turn power back on you have servo control.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Ken6PPC

So then if the rx DOES NOT flash, then it doesn't have the quick connect correct ?
I am interested to hear the answer to this question as well.

BTW Danny, sorry for engaging in discussion in the support forum. I forgot where I was.....
Old 01-18-2008, 10:27 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct, if it does not slowly flash after re-connecting, then it does not have the function.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

Correct, if it does not slowly flash after re-connecting, then it does not have the function.
Thanks Danny--do we need to send in the satelitte rx's with the main rx ?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:47 PM
alfredh

I received my JR DSX9 just before XMAS, but as it will be used in my Flagship Helicopter, I also purchased in June 2007 an extra Spectrum Satellite RX.

I have just done a quick test.
Yes mine has got the Quick connect feature as they blink on re-power and hardly miss a beat.
But the older Spectrum Satellite RX doesn't have it and took a couple of seconds for the LED to turn on steady.

Bad news:
If you need to have yours upgraded, you will have to send in the satellite RX as well.

Good news:
The older style Satellite RX does not influence the quick connect and simply comes on a bit later.
This seems to also proof "backwards compatibility".
So you can mix and match older Satellite RX's with newer ones at least on the newer Main receivers.