Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Receiver new "Quick Connect" feature

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
SansHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Receiver new "Quick Connect" feature

Danny, hi

Here is a quote from Paul Beard from Spektrum:
The slow blinking on the remotes and the internal radios means that they think that they have detected a Brown-out.

These radios support "Fast Connect" this is a new feature where the receivers check the last connected pair of frequencies and connect to them immediately. The LEDs flash slowly to indicate that this has taken place.

Try connecting and then cycle the power on the heli. The receiver will connect immediately. Cycle a servo whilst switching the power off and on you will see that it hardly misses a beat.

Paul
Spektrum
Can you elaborate on this "new feature" and confirm which of the Spektrum receivers have it please?

Thanks.

SansHeli
Old 12-20-2007, 06:08 PM
StevL

Default RE: Spektrum Receiver new "Quick Connect" feature

Are we saying they do not have to go through a lengthy reboot?

Wow, this would be great!
Old 12-21-2007, 12:52 PM
SansHeli

That's exactly what I was hoping. I have a selection of Spektrum RX's (AR6100, AR6200, AR7000 and AR9000) and would like to know more about this "new feature" - can't wait for Danny's reply.

It'll be a disappointment if it's only the R921's that have it!!

SansHeli
Old 12-23-2007, 06:29 PM
jerrygable

Any update on this from Danny would be greatly appreciated. I have a new X9303 on order and am very interested in the "low voltage reboot time" issue.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:06 PM
teryn1
My Feedback: (77)

I'd like to know more about this too, but I am not holding much hope for info from Danny. More than likely, you have to get it from Paul. When Spektrum/JR split, we may be able to get better technical info from Paul's side.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:27 PM
jmohn

It only works on the new R921 2.4 receivers. It will not work with your 6100, 6200 or 7000 receivers. It's software on the receivers that quick connects. I just had this conversation with Paul yesterday at the hobby shop. The new JR X9303 will work with your 7000 receivers, but you will not have the quick connect feature. The re-boot is exactly why I switched to this radio. Four planes locked out on Spektrum, so I am not flying my old Spektrum stuff anymore.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing here about this feature.

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRPR921

Old 12-25-2007, 10:02 PM
SansHeli

ORIGINAL: jmohn

It only works on the new R921 2.4 receivers. It will not work with your 6100, 6200 or 7000 receivers. It's software on the receivers that quick connects. I just had this conversation with Paul yesterday at the hobby shop. The new JR X9303 will work with your 7000 receivers, but you will not have the quick connect feature. The re-boot is exactly why I switched to this radio. Four planes locked out on Spektrum, so I am not flying my old Spektrum stuff anymore.
Thanks for that. It’s very unfortunate for me that I have already invested in AR9000 Spektrum receivers. Had I known this I would have waited for the R921's.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for JR to officially publish this information.

Also, it would be great if we could find out if the AR9000's can be upgraded as it would be worth the hassle to gain this additional safety feature.

SansHeli
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
pepatrick

AR9000 and R921 are the same...
Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 PM
jmohn

Tell me is it ok with you if your receivers take seconds to reboot if they loose signal or get a power spike? I cannot understand why people are not more upset with this problem? Try disconnecting the power from your Spektrum recevier and see how long it takes to re-establis the link. Enough time for your plane or heli to crash.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:59 PM
SansHeli

ORIGINAL: pepatrick

AR9000 and R921 are the same...
Are you absolutely sure? A post in another forum states that the new "Fast Connect" feature is only available in the latest batch of R921's - not even in the first R921 release let alone the AR9000's.

SansHeli
Old 12-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Tommy_Gun

Interesting,
I just took delivery of my X9303 less than two weeks ago and nowhere in any of the literature on the box or in the pdf files on the CD is such a feature mentioned.

There is a mention of SmartSafe which can be done on any compatible receiver and Preset FailSafe which can only be done on the R921 and AR9000 receivers.

They do mention in the SmartSafe section that upon regaining the signal it only takes 4 milliseconds for control to be reestablished.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:19 PM
jmohn

The quick connect works great. It's only on the newest 9000 and 921 receivers as someone mentioned above. The older receivers are not upgradeable either. All the older Spektrum receivers (6000, 6100, 6200 & 7000) can experience this slow re-boot problem under a "brown out" condition during flight. Most receivers will never have a problem, but many people have and it's just going to get worse. I am sure many new fliers will just attribute the loss of an aircraft to poor flying skills or system issues, but when you loose planes in level flight with plenty of time to recover and not one control surface works, it's hard to make this conclussion.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I got my 9303 in Nov and If I turn off the power (battery) the rx reconnects in less than a second every time.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

OK Horizon, spill the beans. Is this feature on the newest 9 channel 2.4 receivers? On the one hand, I like the constant improvement but conversely I have 2 AR9000's that likely don't have this feature.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: aviti

On the one hand, I like the constant improvement but conversely I have 2 AR9000's that likely don't have this feature.
That is probably why it has NOT been officially announced yet. Nobody would want to buy the "old" receivers already stocked[X(]

Look for "sale" deals on the old Rx before the cat is out of the hat[&:]

Just my opinion
Old 12-28-2007, 04:25 PM
ggroyal1

I have a new JR9303 2.4Ghz with three JR921 receivers (50cc gas planes) , two Spektrum 7200s and one 6200. Everything has worked perfect so far(about 1 month). I would like to thank everyone for the posts made on the new radios. It has been entertaining and informative. I have been using JR radios since 1990 and they all still work. I have had only one crash in almost three years and that was pilot error. Right now I am using the JR7202 for electrics and the JR9303 for gas and glow. I just don't know how it could get any better. Looking forward to reading more posts on the R9303 radios, I am sure the stories will be very interesting in the New Year. I hope Danny doesn't get too upset about all of us breaking the forum rules.
Happy New Year
George G. Royal
Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 PM
StevL

This was posted in another online forum:

I believe Spectrum has already made a change to greatly improve the bootup time after a low voltage condition. The following is an excerpt from page 22 of the Spectrum DX6i users manual (the one that comes with the Blade 400):

Note: Receivers manufactured after July of 2007 offer a quick connect feature that reconnects immediately when recovering from a low voltage "brown out."

This is the first official Sprectrum written information I have seen that seems to indicate this "quick connect" feature has been added to all new receivers --- not just the new top-of-the-line JR921 model.

I have no idea if receivers manufactured prior to July of 2007 can be sent back to Spectrum to have this feature added --- but it sure would be nice. Momentary low voltage does not appear to be the issue as much as the amount of time it has been taking to reboot after the low voltage incident.

[link]http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t392890p1/[/link]
Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 PM
StevL

Come on JR and Spectrum, give us the details please!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:56 PM
teryn1
My Feedback: (77)

need to talk to Paul Beard. you are not going to get anything from JR due to their "agenda".
Old 12-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Ken6PPC

Nothing like reading the manual for yourself....

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...nual-LoRes.pdf

See page 22!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:24 AM
vasek

ORIGINAL: StevL

Note: Receivers manufactured after July of 2007 offer a quick connect feature that reconnects immediately when recovering from a low voltage "brown out."

[link]http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t392890p1/[/link]
Good news on the new feature!

Is there a way of knowing if my Rx was build AFTER July 2007? I bought mine a month ago or so.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Tommy_Gun

Read this manual page g26 http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...Res_Manual.pdf

There is no mention of a "quick connect" feature.

Seems to me that it is best to ensure your airborne power supply is more than adequate for your application before you launch into flight.

It's nice that they are enhancing the technology with new features.

But in the end, it's best to count on proper system installation and application.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:52 PM
vasek

Tommy, thanx for the link

as described in the manual, it is also a good idea to get the H9 meter to measure the current draw under full load
Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tommy_Gun

Read this manual page g26 http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...Res_Manual.pdf

There is no mention of a "quick connect" feature.

Seems to me that it is best to ensure your airborne power supply is more than adequate for your application before you launch into flight.

It's nice that they are enhancing the technology with new features.

But in the end, it's best to count on proper system installation and application.
Although my R921's reconnect very quickly, I keep wondering if there is some confusion about this due to published information on the new AR9100 rx or if it is indeed a change affecting all the rx's?

Page 2 of the .pdf shows what they call "Instant-on reconnect - if a power interruption (brown out) occurs the system reconnects in less than 1/2 second"

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...nual_loRes.pdf

You'll have to re-size the pages as they've changed it to a low resolution .pdf since I first downloaded it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.