Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 dual elevators

Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 PM
crash0001
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 dual elevators

Danny,

I have a 2.4 9303 and have setup my airplane for dual elevator servos. However as I move the trim tab the left half of the elevator moves with one click of trim then the right half with the next click of trim. Why are they not moving in together?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Default RE: 9303 dual elevators

Go to Device Select and inhibt the aux channel you are using, then go to Wing Type Function and set dual elevator on that channel, use travel adjustment and sub trim to match throw..etc.

Hope this helps.

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 01-11-2008, 12:25 PM
crash0001

Codimasta,

I’ve setup the programming the way you have described and I understand the mechanical aspect of the setup as well. The trouble I have is that when I move the trim tab one click only one servo moves. Then when I move the trim tab an addition click in the same direction the other servo moves. They should both move at the same time when I use the trim tab.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
jmohn

Make sure you have the AUX or which ever channel the second elevator servo is on inhibited, then go to the mixing (I think) screen and assign that second servo to be a slave to the elevator servo. This will make all trimming and adjustments effect both servos.

Jeff
Old 01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
crash0001

Jeff,

I don't think you understand my problem. I may not be stating it very clear. I've completed the programming and both elevators move correctly with stick movements. Also, the trim does allow for each elevator half to move. The problem is that both elevator halves don't always move together using the trim. Sometimes one click of trim moves the right side and then the next click moves the left side.

Danny,

If you're available i'd like to get your input?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
codimasta

I just set up my spare receiver to operate on the dual elevator mode. They work just fine..the trim works on both halves of the elevator together.... Are you using Prog Mix 1 thru 6 ???
With this setup you do not need to use the Prog Mix's...
I guess Danny will have to answer this one.

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 01-11-2008, 05:35 PM
jmohn

Mine works fine when setup this way. Must be something wrong or we aren't understanding the problem. Both of my elevator servos adjust evenly when I use the subtrim or trim with the tabs. Sorry!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: crash0001

Danny,

Thanks,

Chris
Danny has indicated that it would be the 16th before he is available. in the meantime why not help him by IDing the servos and the time they have on them------
Old 01-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: crash0001

Jeff,

I don't think you understand my problem. I may not be stating it very clear. I've completed the programming and both elevators move correctly with stick movements. Also, the trim does allow for each elevator half to move. The problem is that both elevator halves don't always move together using the trim. Sometimes one click of trim moves the right side and then the next click moves the left side.

Danny,

Thanks,

Chris
Depending on the Trim RATE sensitivity setting, you may be observing the effect of a myriad of things that can make it seem like there is a delay, when in fact, it can be other factors besides the radio. Do this test.... I think you're saying that sometimes, when you move the trim lever, one elevator half moves before (or after) the other, but that they both move. If that is correct.... place a small amount of weight on the elevator trailing edge of BOTH elevators.... maybe an ounce or so....see what happens.

You didn't tell us what servos, what type of pushrods, airplane, control horn, servo arms you're using, so answering you can be a problem without all that information. Also - check the "friction" of the control horn setup at the elevator end, and the servo end.

This reply may seem obtuse, but the 2.4 is absolutely the lowest-mix-channel latency system out there right now, so I'm putting my money on a Non-radio issue.... help us help you, give us the whole picture.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:40 AM
crash0001

Bob,

I'm using a ar7000 receiver w/ hitec 225bb servos on elevator. I'm using the "gear" channel as my left elevator and the plane is an aeroworks edge 540 "90 size". The horns are hitec standard, control rods are 4-40 with ball ends on the servos and clevis's on the surface. There is very little friction on this setup.

I have been playing with the trim rate and when moved from "4" to "8" the problem almost completely goes away. I'm thinking your correct and that it is not a radio problem but a servo problem. Could it be that the servos don't have enough "steps" or resolution?

I also tried what you suggested with the weights and got the same results. Although the elevators look very "gerky" as they move and it becomes more pronounced with the weight.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:34 PM
SinCityJets

Are they the same brand and model number servos. Is the trim rate the same for both channels?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 PM
crash0001

SinCityJets,

The servos are the same brand and model both originally purchased new for this project. The trim rates are combined into one setting once mixed so they are the same.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 PM
codimasta

[8D] May I make a suggestion...Go to the Primary Menu...MDL Reset...Reset the Transmitter. Start from scratch, an setup the Transmitter on that channel.
Follow the directions, on the dual elevator...may I suggest that you start with the elevators...first..check them out before continuing on....
Codimasta
AMA 11269