Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Customer Service is not dead - Re: AR6100

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
wedgewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Service is not dead - Re: AR6100

I am not a "Fan boy" for any particular problem, nor did I anticipate a successful outcome to the situation I ran into with my AR6100 receiver.

I had lost my MUS to a buzz bomb affect when it just seemed to stop communicating with my DX7 (using the AR6100). This was not an elevator issue and it was a new version of the receiver. I have 2 other AR6100s and have flown before and after the accident with no issues.

Needless to say, I rebuilt my MUS after it had plunged the 100 or so feet, and checked everything out and all was in working order. The receiver seemed to have been spared any damage so I re-maidened the MUS the day after Christmas and sure enough about 7 minutes into the flight and about 100 yards away the plane just stopped responding and slowly arced its way to its second death.

I recovered the pieces and now knew that the issue was the receiver.

I have read other posts about Horizon customer service and while I pretty much have Park 480s in anything I fly including GP planes I did not expect to have a positive customer service experience.

I called the CS people at Horizon, and while I was pretty steamed I calmly explained what had happened and the steps I had taken to make sure that the receiver was the culprit here. To my surprise, the CS person told me to pack up the receiver, provide a commentary on what had happened, send it in, and if they could not find out what was wrong they would send me a new one "no questions asked"

Two days after they received it I had an overnight package with a new AR6100 and a note in the box indicating that they were sorry for the mishap. they also wanted me to follow up and let them know how the new receiver performed.

Most people will go to long lengths to identify when someone provides bad customer service, but I wanted to place a post here to identify that at least there is some evidence of customer service and a person to speak to (in the US) when you have a problem.

Hope none of you experience the lightning striking twice issue I had, but I learned a lot more about my Mini Ultra Stick while reassembling it from confetti size pieces twice. I will continue to buy Horizon / E Flite / Spektrum products

KP
Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Customer Service is not dead - Re: AR6100

Great to hear!