Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Is the DS820G servo compatible with the 401Gyro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:42 AM
bloogyct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the DS820G servo compatible with the 401Gyro?

A friend of mine built a Hurricane EP550 recently and put in a Gy 401 gyro with a JR DS820G servo - the first one lasted 5 mins and stopped working abruptly - luckily he managed to land safely - last night the replacement NEW one also stopped after a couple fo mins - same thing!!!! NOW is the DS820G compatible with the 401, and is it possible to run this servo under 6V?? There seems to be a very distinct lack of info anywhere including in the package about this servo!?????

thanks

Sandy
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: Is the DS820G servo compatible with the 401Gyro?

The 820 is designed for small electric & 30 size helis ONLY, and on 4.8V.

Not sure about its compatibility with the 401.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:42 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I can't find any specs on that servo but I suspect that you need to run it with DS mode OFF, high frame rate is probably whats frying it.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Its designed for a high frame rate so unlikely to be that.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:26 AM
bloogyct

Thanks for the replies guys - mac - the Hurricane 550 is a 30 sized EP heli - so should be fine!!! - sooooo - will see what transpires with the local distributors!!

Cheers

S.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 AM
bloogyct

Hi again Mac-man - where might the general public find the info about the voltage specs for this servo - seems to be a closely guarded secret for some reason - we have not found anything conclusive online, and very strangely nothing comes with the servo to tell you!!!! The local distributors also seem to be unsure of the specs!

Thanks

sandy
Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 AM
bloogyct

OK - some feedback on this one - basically the local JR distributor - the ONLY one in SA - yes monopoly, has turned around and said - 'get knotted', even though they are completely unable to provide any documentation which DIRECTLY SPECIFIES that this servo only runs on 4.8V - so my friend, who presumed that plug a servo into a setup that is working fine in all other ways - including 3 other servos, should work OK - and did not investigate the fact that the BEC was providing 6V rather than 5V - now has a pretty expensive plastic box with a JR lead on it - and the Hobby shop that sold him the servo in the first place, then replaced the first one, sits with a servo that the local DISTRIBUTOR also refuses to swap!!

What do you all think of that??? I am sorry - maybe this is not the place - but to me this sucks - I have suggested he take it further!

Just remember - a lot of us are relative Noob's to this stuff, especially the intricacies of Helis - and now Digital servos - so not providing something in the Packaging WITH the servo, stating that it MUST ONLY be powered by 4.8v - is just not right!!! YES I now know there are a lot of Digital tail servos that do not work on 6V, but did not even think about it before this - and also MOST servos, you can easily find specs on the net that tell you wether the servo does run on 4.8 and 6V - but not this particular one!!!