Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Datasafe versions for 8103?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 06:36 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Datasafe versions for 8103?

Having just bought a new 8103 promo pack radio, I saw a deal on a datasafe. It turns out its a datasafe 1.

I've read some of the posts here about the datasafe but am now a little confused.

Q1. Datasafe II software is not compatible with Datasafe I. I presume therefore that the zip file on the HH web site won't work with the Datasafe I?

Q2. I wanted to look at the Datasafe software to see how it functioned so I downloaded the zip file. It wouldn't work due to a missing file (same error that I've read about elsewhere here). I presume that you need to have the original software installed and the zip file is just an update?

Q3. Was the Datasafe I not originally designed for the 8103? I thought I'd read that I'd need a replacement disc 2?

Q4. Is the software update for Datasafe II just purely an interface change so that it works with the new harware or is there a new 'look' and extra features?

Q5. Is the Datasafe software still supported? ie will you update it as new features become available? Or are new features (if there are any) only added to the Datasafe II?

The reason I'm asking all this is to determine whether I should keep the Datasafe I or whether I should get a Datasafe II...
Old 04-21-2003, 12:59 PM
dsnyder

Q1. That is correct. The software of the 2 different versions are not compatible with each other.

Q2. The zip file of datasafe 2 on our web site is a full functioning program. I have used the software myself from the web on a few machines.

Q3. The original version of datasafe 1 was developed prior to the release of the digital trim version of the 8103. If yours is not working with a digital trim 8103, we can send you via email a new copy of disk number 2 that will correct this. Just send an email to [email protected] and request this.

Q4. There are no extra features, but the software is more compaitible with today's operating systems and the interface is a 9 pin serial connection, rather than 25 pin.

Q5. I do not know what the plans will be regarding the original datasafe and if it will be updated in the future for new models. Right now, both versions are compatible with the same TX's.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions please let us know.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:11 PM
tiggerinmk

Danny,

Thanks for all your help, it's certainly clarified the situation.

I'll look into that 2nd disk...

Added: Just downloaded the software from HH, it works but doesn't do a lot without the interface. I'll investigate further as to why it didn't work at home..
Old 04-21-2003, 01:47 PM
dsnyder

Ya, it isn't possible to do much with it other than look around a bit without the interface.