Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

I have DX6i and DX7 Which do I keep???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:43 AM
ronrico418

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have DX6i and DX7 Which do I keep???

PLEASE HELP

Just bought the EFlight blade 400 andthe included DX6i seems to have some advanced features over my DX7 for the heli. My Dx7 incidentally is an airplane model. I don't know whether I should just bind my DX7 to my new heli or use the DX6i on my airplanes. Will probably never need more than 10 models at once and don't forsee needing the one extra channel. I guess I could keep both for use a trainer. But I could use the dough.

I was leaning towards keeping the DX6i since its supposed to have the same range. I also fly a MegaStryker with 1100 watts capabale of 120mph on only 3S and a GP combat P51 mustang that is very close to 100mph in level flight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!! Ronrico

It's early in the morning, do you know where your LIPOS are?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I have DX6i and DX7 Which do I keep???

I'm not sure what your question is, but both systems will work fine for the heli. If you are looking to sell one or the other, that would be based on your personal choice.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM
britcardoc

That leads to my question .....What in SIMPLE terms is the difference between a DX6 and DX7 if the range is the same? Are there different DX6's and 7's ? I fly everything from pattern to park flyers. Thanks Dan
Old 02-14-2008, 02:00 AM
ronrico418

Well I have decided to sell my DX6i and bind my DX7 to my new Blade 400. Is there a simple way of programming my DX7 or copying the DX6i. Do I have to go through each step one by one. I may keep both for ahwhile as a trainer slave/master relationship but eventually I will just fly w/ DX7.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:48 AM
dsnyder

The range is the same. The values will need to be different as the direction in a CCPM set up is different between them. You can input the numbers, but servo reversing and the swash mix values may require changes.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:31 AM
ronrico418

I think you just actually changed my mind. I'm going to sell my DX7 and go w/ the DX6i. It will be easier to change my planes over and not mess with the values and swashplate #s. I fly mainly Stryker and other park size fliers so I don't think I'll need that one extra channel. Wil the DX6i adjust for ergonomics from the inside like my DX7? ~Ronrico
Old 02-18-2008, 09:34 AM
dsnyder

I'm not sure what you are asking there, do you mean stick tension? I can't think of anything else adjustable in the DX7. If you mean stick tesnsion, then yes, it is adjustable.