Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 Kill Switch hold on - let go off

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
superdave01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 Kill Switch hold on - let go off

i had looked for a way to do this a while back and no one knew how.

The problem was that if you set the momentary switch up as kill it would toggle rather then go back to run when you let go and no indication of which position it was left in.

The idea is to set a switch up to reduce throttle enough to kill the engine.

If you do this in a mix it will work but one push kills and when u let go it stays in the kill position, you have to push it again to set back to run with no visual indication of which position it was currently in unless you looked at the carb.

You can set it up right if you start in device select......

Set say Aux4 to be activated using button then use mix 3,4,5 or 6 to mix Aux 4 to throttle and set to pos0 and set to enough to lower throttle till motor kills.

The down fall is the button will still stop and start the timer, Ive not found a way around this so far.... Use the bottom button to the left of the menu to start timer and when you kill the engine will be when you would stop the timer anyway so that really works ok its just not as easy to do or remember.

Maybe theres a way to UnLink the button on top from the one on the screen but the one by the screen wont kill the engine so there partially unlinked.

Dave
Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: 9303 Kill Switch hold on - let go off

Old 02-13-2008, 08:02 PM
superdave01

Smooth as u knew or smooth as i actually helped someone?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way you have described it is correct, and there isn't a way to unlink the timer from the button.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Billybuck

Kill Switch

I get asked all the time, what do I use to as a kill switch. I use my radio to kill the engine. I will give a brief explanation how I do this.
I start out with a throttle to throttle mix. I usually give it a mixing value of around 20%. I then assign it to the snap roll button. After I do this, I then set my trim on my throttle so when it's all the way down the engine idle is set to landing speed. I do this by adjusting the sub-trim. This works extremely well. There is never any guessing where your trim is. When you get ready to land just pull your trim lever all the way down. If your plane is coming in and still a little hot, just tap the snap roll button very quickly and it will almost kill the engine but will remain running slowing the engine down. Works like an airbrake. When you get ready to shut off your engine just hold down the snap roll button until the engine dies. Now you will have to adjust the value of the throttle to throttle mix and your sub-trim but once you have this done it really takes the guess work out of your engine idle position.