Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flaperon Woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Hitech1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaperon Woes

Here is the setup, XP7202 TX, RS600 Rx, 2 Hitec HS-325HB Servos plus extensions, right sevo on aileron channel and left on flap or Aux1. When I turned the radio on after setting Flaperons in the System mode the ailerons would go up twice as far as they would go down, that is when I stated adjusting settings.

What I am seeing now is the left aileron moves 3/8" up & down as I want it to but the right will go 3/8" up & down only 5/16" no mater what I do. Lowering the flaps to the mid position both go to 1/4" down, but when I flip the switch Land position the left goes down 1 1/8" and the right only 1 1/16" plus on returning the flap switch to the up position the left ailerion is noticeably slower returning to neutral. I have fiddled with all the travel settings and flap settings I could think of to get things equal and eventually got a Headache so I quit.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated!!!

Not so Hitech
Old 02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flaperon Woes

You need to go to the input/switch selection function and inhibit the flaps, then recenter your servos.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Hitech1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Danny, I got this email from George G. Royal and he said this:

"On the flap system page, set everything to ZERO. It comes set to 100%.
I don't know what causes the problem, but this fixes it. I have seen several JR7202's have this problem. It could also be the three position flap switch.

On planes with separate flaps I use the gear or aux2 port to activate the flaps. If you are using the ailerons(flaperons) as flaps, it will disable them. Try setting the flaps to Zero and check the servo movement and then set the % of flaps needed."

After doing what he suggested I re-centered the servo arms, adjusted the linkage and set 40% on the Mid (#1) Flap switch and every thing is working fine!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:15 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The input/switch select function is the direct method to inhibit the flap switch.