Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX6i and AR 6000's

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Old Goat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6i and AR 6000's

Anyone else having problems binding the new DX6i's to the old AR6000 RX?

Have spoken to Horizon tech support, they confirmed the tx and rx are compatible, and that I am trying to bind them correctly. (Binding plug and power to rx, hold trainer switch and turn DX6i on).

After trying to bind 6 different DX6i's with six different AR6000's, (yes I use a lot of radios systems for business use), only one pair bound, and that was after holding the trainer switch on for a straight 15 minutes.

Jack

www.ealeaerialimages.com
Old 03-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Old Goat

Default RE: DX6i and AR 6000's

Discovered that plugging servos into rx, allows system to bind much more easily. But it can still take up to 5 mins. Plus, had a couple of instances, where after removing bind plug, and switching rx off, next time system was started, the binding had been forgotton, and needed to be done again. SCARY thought if this happens in the air......

Jack

www.eagleaerialimages.com
Old 03-23-2008, 08:00 PM
jcatz4

Has anyone used the DX6i with AR6100E W/3-1 in a E-Flight Blade CX2. I can not get it to bind
Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 PM
hfenn

Hi, I just bound a 6100 (not 6100e but should work the same) to my DX6i in a Blade CP. 1-Put the bind plug in the batt port. 2-Plug in the battery on the chopper, the light will flash inside the Rx. 3-While holding up on the trainer switch, turn on the Tx. 4-The light in the Rx will flash, then go out, then come back on solid. Now you can release the trainer switch. 5-Pull the bind plug out while the power is still on the Rx. Rebind once you get all your control throws and directions sorted out. I usually do this after a trim flight to confirm all the setting are where I want them.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:10 PM
jcatz4

I did it that way and still does not work. I get the controls elev. and aile. to work but no throttle. the cx2 has a eflite 3in 1 control unit (mixer speed control gyro system) horizon hobby website said the DX7 works with this helicopter maybe the DX6i does not?
Thanks for your help
jeff
Old 03-24-2008, 07:22 PM
BelAirBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I bought a CX2, I emailed Horizon Hobby and asked if the DX6i would work. The assured me it would, but I have not bought one yet.

bob
Old 03-24-2008, 07:24 PM
jcatz4

Got it to work I reversed the throttle servo it needed to be normal
Thanks
Jeff
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
hfenn

ORIGINAL: jcatz4

I did it that way and still does not work. I get the controls elev. and aile. to work but no throttle. the cx2 has a eflite 3in 1 control unit (mixer speed control gyro system) horizon hobby website said the DX7 works with this helicopter maybe the DX6i does not?
Thanks for your help
jeff
If you have elev. and ail control then the bind was successful. If you have no throttle first make sure the throttle channel hasn't been reversed, then check out your connections, motors and esc's. I have set up a CX2 on a friend's DX7 then his JR9303. I see no reason it won't work with the 6i.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:24 PM
hfenn

you must have been typing the same time as me lol
Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 PM
jcatz4

DX6i is working with my CX2 but it has a tail wag that was not happening with the e-flite tx. I'm using an airplane program also had someone from my club try to fix it but had no luck.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
capuleen

I lost my airplane for exact the same thing it crash so hard everbody thought I am crazy! do not fly. When you just turn your radio on and you see no respond I repeat do not fly. Feel free to contact me . May be I can prevent your crash! ha ha ha
Old 03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Hilarious

Tell me, I am confused, why would you even think of flying the model if the radio is not responding to the transmitter?? I am pretty confident if you repeat this a number of times it will alwasy do the same thing.

Also, in reference to this thread please take a look at this short article/video

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1802

The maufacturer provides lots of information, if a person will just take a look.

H-
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
capuleen

You make it sound so easy like it was something I could do to prevent it and I lost my airplane that was not a joke. IT flew for about 2 minutes before I lost connection to my airplane it just like somebody unplug the battery. After the crash I checked all connection and every thing was fine. Here is another tip I can give you my throttle servo was set to idle but I had my radio throttle held at full.The reciver was gone to fail safe mode. I think I now how to bind and check range before I fly.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 PM
davyjones909

Hi all,

I'm new here and I have a question regarding binding dx6i to my blade cx2 with AR6100e receiver. I tried binding per instruction in the manual but after the amber light in the transmitter stop blinking, the red light remains on and doesn't turn green (indication for acquired). The servo's works but there's no throttle, what am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions, instructions or tips on how to bind? Thanks all.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally, the Bind procedure requires you to connect the Bind Plug to the Bind Port on the Rx, turn on the Rx, when the Lights are Blinking, turn on the Tx, while holding in the Bind Button. Release the Bind Button and the Rx lights go Solid, as does the light on the Tx.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
davyjones909

I did all that but the light in the Rx is solid red as with the Tx...the light on the Rx should be solid green if the binding is correct. Perhaps the previous posts I read are correct...the throttle may need to be set reversed. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
jed1d
My Feedback: (3)

Still have same question. How can you bind AR6000 receiveres to the DX6i? I have started replacing my AR6000s but I don't want to do that. I want to fly 10 different planes with eith AR6000s or AR6100s. NO, I have not had any problems binding the AR6100s to my Dx6i. I guess I could just sell my DX6 with five AR6000s to someone. So, I am not a happy camper. Can someone help? I fly only electric. Be Cool - No Fuel Fly - Electric. thanks....Joe
Old 04-25-2009, 01:59 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

I thought I was the only one having issues binding the DX6i to the AR6000 receivers. I bind it one night and the next day, the receiver no longer recognizes the DX6i transmittor. I have no problems binding the DX6 with the AR6000 and no issues with the DX6i binding with the AR6200 receivers. But I'm having major issues binding with the DX6i and the AR6000. I have a total of 5 AR6000 receivers and sometimes they bind, sometimes they don't. And when they do bind, it will lose it's bind the next day. I emailed Horizon and am waiting for a response. Now I know it's not just me. With all the good things regarding 2.4 ghz, there sure are a lot of negatives.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this out!!

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09179.html

The government is telling RC Radio mfg's what to do, now.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:30 PM
capuleen

I just got back my DX6I from horizen. I had it sent for the recall and check to see why it loses its bind with 6000 reciever. Well they never said a thing why it was doing that they just replaced the potentiometers and inculded a new 6100 with my radio and my 6000. I guess you can figure that out!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:36 PM
twinbrother

That is not surprising. Looks like even in this industry, there are companies that "deny, deny deny!!!" And Horizon seems to be a part of that trend. It has to be the consumer that can't bind the receiver correctly. It has to be the consumer that crashed the plane. Appears if it wasn't for the government, Horizon would never even have issued the recall. Go figure. Am I surprised? Not at all. Seems like these days, the companies I shop at are the ones that give me the least grief because every single company out there is a headache. It's just a matter of which one gives you less of a hangover and hands over the Tylenol first. This is the reason why I have no loyalty to just one company. I haven't found one that truly give exceptional customer service, including the ones that are rumored to be good. Appears Horizon's way of keeping people from trashing their company is giving away low cost items to their consumers in hopes they keep quiet and not dog them too much on posts like RCUniverse.com. Well, us smart consumers don't fall for stuff like that. I'll take your free stuff and still dog you on these forums. I guess I won't hold my breath regarding an answer to this binding issue.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: twinbrother

Appears if it wasn't for the government, Horizon would never even have issued the recall.
If you're going to make assertions, you ought to at least get your facts straight.....

Check the date on the Spektrum recall and then the date on the above noted "government" recall;

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1901

If you're so unhappy with Horizon why don't you just get rid of all that stuff and go with Futaba, see how far you get with them on resolving problems.

99% of the issues with the Spektrum/JR 2.4GHz radio systems are user caused. Horizon/Spektrum and JR have stepped up to the plate on several issues related to hardware/software development of the 2.4GHz systems and updated them for free. The issue with some of the AR-6000 rx's and the DSM2 tx's has been covered time and again; some of those rx's just won't play.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:38 PM
twinbrother

I didn't check the date, so maybe you're right. And I have considered it and if I get nowhere on this binding issue with Horizon, I will be switching to Futaba. I already did my research this weekend. You say 99% of the issues are user related? Let's see your sources for that, Mr. know it all. If you can show me that 99% of the faults are user related, then you are the man. Horizon may have stepped up to the plate on some issues, but take a look around at all the people left in the dark. You don't feel their pain. You're not feeling their grief. You're lucky enough not to dish out hundreds of dollars and have planes go down, so I would "zip it" before talking about other peoples' bad experiences, ones which you have no clue experiencing. And if some of those AR6000 receivers just won't play, why isn't Horizon fixing and admitting to it? Spektrum makes the product. They should be fixing it. Stepping up to the plate would be posting on their website "Problems binding DX6i with AR6000." I sure don't see that on their site. Enough people sure are having issues with it.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well I have had experience with both Futaba and JR radios.

I've had problems with both brands including the fact that my new 12X had to go back to Horizon for what turned out to be a battery problem.

I USED to fly Futaba and there's a reason for that. Go ahead and switch, you're gonna LOVE the CS you get from Hobbico/Futaba Service here in the USA.

As for losing planes, well that's part of the hobby and most losses are due to operator error either setup or dumb thumb. If you can't afford to lose a model, then maybe you ought to consider a different hobby?????
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 AM
twinbrother

I have dealt with Towerhobbies.com customer service, and I'm not impressed either. That's why I don't spend my money all in one place. Customer service at Hobbico/Futaba is 6 out of 10. Same with Horizon Hobby, 6 out of 10. Those Chinese overseas companies, 3 out of 10. That's pretty much what I can expect out of any company these days. There is no customer service. At least not to the level of what people used to get. At least if I have problems with Futaba, it will cost less. I can get my 6 channel receivers for less with my club discount. So at least I'm saving there. Already looking to make the switch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.