Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR XS3 problem with receiver.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 10:06 PM
tat2ist
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XS3 problem with receiver.

I am going to call Horizon in the morning, but figured I'd ask here first since I can't get hold of anyone on Sunday. I have a brand new XS3 radio in one of my R/C boats. It has a gas Zenoah engine in it. I flipped the boat, and the radio box had some water in it. (this happens often with boats, and usually once drying out the radio components, all is fine). This is only the second time I've ran the boat with this new radio, and upon it getting a little wet once, I now have absolutely no power coming from the receiver that I can tell. I've tried switching channels, and changing batteries, and even trying a nicad pack to the receiver, and I still get absolutely no response. Is there anything else I can check? or will this have to be returned to the manufacturer? also, I was thinking of having all of my boats run on the same radio, which means buying additional syth. receivers. If they cannot get wet at all, (which apparently was the problem here) I, of course, would not buy another.
any suggestions????
thanks
Dave.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:13 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As with any other electronic devise that is not sealed, you can not get it wet. You need to have the receiver and any other electronic equipment in the boat sealed in a sealed radio box or something similar. You can also put the receiver inside a balloon and use a rubber band to seal the balloon's end on the receiver over the servo wires. There isn't a receiver available that is waterproof that I am aware of. If you have dried out the receiver, there is likely nothing more you can do. It may be possible to repair, but if it is corroded it may be less expensive to purchase a new receiver. If you would like to send it in, one of our service techs can evaluate it and see if it is repairable.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:19 PM
tat2ist
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with all other radios I use, I keep my receiver in a sealed radio box. Although with boats, sometimes the inevitable happens, and it gets wet. I have never had a receiver just outright quit on me due to a little moisture. Usually they will glitch, but once dried properly, they work fine.
I'm sending it in, and hoping for the best. I've only used this receiver twice.

dave