Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 2.4 - throttle cut

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:58 PM
dori1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 2.4 - throttle cut

Hi
how can i make mix for throttle and assign it to the trainer swith (while in acro mode setup )
Old 01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
gadix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 2.4 - throttle cut

there you go ACH SHELI
i hope it helps

if u need help with the english PM to me and i will explain it to you in hevrew

The JR9303 transmitter in the US can have the trainer button programmed to cut the throttle. To kill an engine, I use one of the mixing programs to mix throttle into throttle to give a really low throttle setting. One would think he could mix the BUTN into the throttle to get the desired result. However as you may have discovered, the (Trainer) BUTN in the mixing program is a push-on, push-off operation and not a momentary switch. This is worst than using one of the levers as you can't tell if the kill is on or off.

If you go the 9303 Airplane Manual on page A10, the top illustration lists a SNAP SW as an optional switch assignment. Somebody who wrote the manual let the cat out of the bag. A snap switch is a momentary switch. On the transmitter it is still listed as BUTN. So here is the step-by-step procedure.

First go into the System menu by pressing the ENT button while turning powering on the transmitter. Set up your plane for ACRO. Go to the DeviceSEL menu. Select a channel that you will not be using. I selected AUX4. Push the Rolling Selector and pick BUTN. Roll the Selector down to INH the AUX4 channel as you don't want to be transmitting that channel to the aircraft. Setting AUX4 to INH does not stop it from being used internally in the transmitter.

After you are through with the System menu go to the FUNC.LIST. Pick a PROG.MIX menu. I use PROG.MIX3. If it is inhibited, run the Rolling Selector over the INH and push the Selector. Select AUX4 for the Master channel and THRO as the Slave. As you push the Trainer Button, you should see the little bar to the right of [PROG.MIX3]>0 or 1 move down as you push the button and up when you release it. From this point you may have to customize the settings to fit your aircraft.

On my aircraft the throttle rotation is normal. I experimented some and the following instructions should work regardless of throttle rotation. Also I have set the low throttle adjustment to around 100%, not much more as you will need the extra travel for the kill function. I didn't want the throttle kill to function when at high throttle. I set the THRO STK value to 12. You will now notice when you move the throttle stick, the value to the right of [PROG.MIX3]> changes from 0 to 1. If you have set your transmitter similar to mine, it will be 0 at high throttle and 1 at very low. Now move the selector over to Pos0. Set both values by 0% by pushing the trainer button and using the Rolling Selector. Now go to Pos1. Highlight it. With the trainer button released set the value to 0. With the trainer button down, set the value to +100%. The select switches, AIL, GER, etc. are set to Pos 0. The offset is also set to zero. To check everything go to the MONITOR menu. If you have normal throttle rotation, the bar on the throttle channel will go 3/4 to the left for low throttle. Hit the trainer button and it will go all the way to the left. If your throttle is reversed, at low throttle the bar is 3/4 to the right. Pushing the button sends the bar all the way to the right.

One last bit of information. I use the trainer button for the timer as well as throttle kill. If you have throttle running at low speed, the engine will momentarily slow down when you start the timer with the trainer button. I've never had a 2 or 4-cycle engine killed with the momentary blip required to start the time. But if this does cause a problem, run the engine at a little higher speed before switching on the timer with the trainer button. Having both the timer and throttle kill on the trainer button has one other advantage. When you kill the engine, the timer is turned off.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Gadi, another question:

JR support seems unable to answer this on the phone.

I am using a JR 9303 DSM2 Tx and a Spektrum 9000 Rx.

My optical ignition cutoff, which is from SmartFly, is connected to the gear channel.

In order for it to work as intended, and for the engine to cutoff in case of a loss of signal, the gear channel needs to move to a failsafe position (off) when the Rx loses connection from the Tx.

When the radio is on and I toggle the gear channel, the ignition turns on and off like it should.

When I shut off the radio, the throttle channel goes to idle (failsafe position) but the gear channel and the ignition stay on, or in the same position it was.

I did rebind the Rx several times to make sure failsafe is set to the proper position, both the throttle at idle and gear switch to off, but it does not seem to make a difference for the gear channel.

Any idea how to get this to work?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Hilarious

Do the "programed failsafe postition"

Turn Rx on in bind mode, remove bind plug.

Turn TX on in Bind mode with ALL controls in failsafe position (including correct retract switch position)

When bound you are complete.

Thats all.