Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 DSM 2 failsafe on gear channel

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:38 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 DSM 2 failsafe on gear channel

I have a question that JR support seems unable to answer on the phone.

I am using a JR 9303 DSM2 Tx and a Spektrum 9000 Rx.

My optical ignition cutoff, which is from SmartFly, is connected to the gear channel.

In order for it to work as intended, and for the engine to cutoff in case of a loss of signal, the gear channel needs to move to the failsafe position (off) when the Rx loses connection from the Tx.

When the radio is on and I toggle the gear channel, the ignition turns on and off like it should.

When I shut off the radio, the throttle channel goes to idle (failsafe position) but the gear channel and the ignition stay on, or in the same position.

I rebound the Rx several times to make sure failsafe is set to the proper position, or both throttle at idle and gear switch to off, but it does not seem to make a difference.

Anybody has any idea how to get this to work?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Planecrazy232
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 9303 DSM 2 failsafe on gear channel

Normal Smartsafe will drive the throttle only to idle and hold all other channels to the last commanded position. Preset failsafe will drive the servos to a predetermined position. The way this is done is to insert the bind plug, power up the system and make sure all receivers are blinking. You will now remove the bind plug. Take your transmitter (do not turn it on yet) and set all switches to the positions you want them to failsafe to. At this time you may press the bind button and power up the transmitter to bind the system. This should take care of it.

Anthony Greco, Jr.
Team JR
Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Thanks - got it to work.

JR phone support could not figure this out.

There are actually two operations requiring the bind plug:

One is the full binding, that requires the plug to stay while powering the Tx and powered off after lights go steady.

The other, failsafe setting, requires taking the plug off before binding it to the Tx.

I've got quite a few Spektrum receivers and I just learned something new. It also explains a crash I had in the summer, where the engine would not cutoff, despite me being sure the radio link loss was supposed to do it...
Old 01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What you are calling "Full Binding" is Failsaffe Hold (leaving the Bind Plug in until the Tx is turned on).

Pulling the Bind Plug out, before turning on the Tx is Failsafe Preset.