Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR, HITEC, OR FUTABA SERVOS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 05:02 PM
bandit13
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR, HITEC, OR FUTABA SERVOS

I would like to know everyones opinionhttp://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/micons/m8.gif and assistance on JR,HITEC, OR FUTABA servos. I need high torque 100 plus for wings and 150 plus for swingwings(F-14)OAKDALE. Then I need a standard for rudder, air kit, and a servo for a retract. I am using a Futaba 2.4ghz 7c for the OAKDALE jet and a jr 9303 with two other jets. Would you go with the servo for the greatest torque, mix and match brand with TX/RX. I am looking at a FEJ F-14 and want to use the JR 9303 TX, can I use HItec and or JR servos for it. I do have a very good idea on what servos I will use with the OAKDALE, but not the FEJ F-14.

THANKS FOR YOU HELP!!!!http://image2-0.rcuniverse.com/e1/forum/micons/m6.gif
Old 01-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Tbessi
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: JR, HITEC, OR FUTABA SERVOS

I use JR9303 radio and have used all 3 brands of servos and do mix match at times. I used to be die hard futaba guy, then started buying JR and now have switched to Hitec. All 3 manufacturers have great servos. I don't think anyone can honestly say 1 brand is better than another all the time. It depends on the servo, I would suggest researching threads on each particular servo you want to compare.

I've switched to Hitec and gone digital, I only buy metal gear or titanium gear servos. Just my personal preference. You can't beat Hitec digitals for programing center, end points, dead band etc. But this may be a big over kill for you and you may be better off with something less expensive than digital. Not a big fan of their karbonite gear train. With JR, Hitec, and Futaba in mind I would compare spec and prices and go with what you feel comfortable with. All three are good.

Just my 2 cents
Old 01-18-2009, 05:53 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

i to run all 3, i started out hardcore JR. I perfer 8711, or 5955 or 7955 for the birds that I fly now a days (gas)
Old 01-21-2009, 12:42 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

I use both HiTec and JR's..hey are both fine servos. I tend to lean towards HiTecs due to the fact that HiTec digatels make far less noise than JR's. I do have some brand new Futaba servos )(digatal) but I for some reason am reluctant to use them in my big birds....and they are way to big for small birds.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Bandit:

Once I switched to JR, I used nothing but JR servos, have been happy with them. Got interested in the electric stuff and started with Hitec 55's. They served me well. After retirement, have been watching costs to keep piece in the house. Have tried GWS receivers and servos, unsatisfactory range, gear strippers. JR appeared to try to meet the challange of producing a good servo with their "Sport Series". Their 35's and 48's worked well with the electrics. Had some new 48's and wanted to keep a Jett 60LlX powered Tsunami as light as possible, so stuck two of the 48's in the wing. Did not finish programming one night, in the morning the ailerons ran over to their stop when turned on, nothing unusual. What was unusual was one of the gears stripped out. Will continue to use the servos in low torque service electric needs, but never never never in a high speed application or 40 sized and above 3D, not even throttle. Sorry JR, just a little too poor of quality IMHO. Never had a JR servo strip gears before, nothing but GWS found below par. My little JR digitals in th $40.00 plus range are durable and fine, the JR DS 84 and 8611's are outstanding for high torque big stuff. Centering becomes very important with the 3D and bugger stuff due to the long throw-long servo arm applications. A standard servo just will not cut it. ENJOY