Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 9303 question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 PM
chris de jon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JR 9303 question

I have a question which although is quite able to be worked around is intriguing, and I would love to be able to understand the reasoning, so any input would be great.

When using the JR9303, using 2 elevator servos (1 lhs and 1rhs), and using either a “ Y “ lead or 2 x RX’s using an incidence meter to set both elevators up mechanically the same and both servos are then trimmed together as one.
However and here is the question.
When setting up in the TX using the master and a mate method so that the TX then refers to LHS elev and RHS elev.
Why does
1. The mate servo need to be reversed.
2. The servo that is the master retain the settings as per the single servo setup above and is correctly trimmed, but the other need to have sub trim applied to make it the same? In other words it appears that the 2 channels have different base defaults.
I hope that I have worded this to be understandable and look forward to any replies.
Regards
C de J
Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 PM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 9303 question

ORIGINAL: chris de jon

I have a question which although is quite able to be worked around is intriguing, and I would love to be able to understand the reasoning, so any input would be great.

When using the JR9303, using 2 elevator servos (1 lhs and 1rhs), and using either a “ Y “ lead or 2 x RX’s using an incidence meter to set both elevators up mechanically the same and both servos are then trimmed together as one.
However and here is the question.
When setting up in the TX using the master and a mate method so that the TX then refers to LHS elev and RHS elev.
Why does
1. The mate servo need to be reversed.
2. The servo that is the master retain the settings as per the single servo setup above and is correctly trimmed, but the other need to have sub trim applied to make it the same? In other words it appears that the 2 channels have different base defaults.
I hope that I have worded this to be understandable and look forward to any replies.
Regards
C de J

G'day Mate,
If you are in Aus you probably have a DSX9, not a 9303, they are slightly different, anyway, the problem you are seeing is not the radio's fault it is the servos that require adjustment with the subtrim, & direction of travel.
I'm not sure why you use a "Y" lead or 2 RX's, to set it all up, you must get it mechanically correct first, ie, pushrods exactly 90 degrees to the servo arm & 90 degrees to the control surface horn, neutral trim & then you will get even throw up & down, then use the radio to make the fine adjustments.

Have a good long weekend mate.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

With larger aircraft, it is common to use an servo for each control surface, such as one on each Aileron half, one on each Elevator half, and one on each Flap half. It is almost always necessary to Reverse one of the Elevator servos and one of the Flap servos. This is because most servos, by default, all rotate in the same direction. In order to keep the geometry for both control surfaces the same, the servos for the Flap halves and Elevator halves are mounted in such a way that the servo arms must be mounted on the servo shaft, pointing out the same side of the servo. Aileron halves move in opposite directions from one another, but Elevator halves both move in the same direction. The same with the Flap halves. Thus, one of the servos must be Reversed.

It is much easier to put each control surface half on a separate channel and mix them. You can Reverse a servo, if necessary, and you can Match the servos for Deflection and Neutral.

Using a Y harness requires more mechanical fiddeling.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 AM
gadix

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think u should set your WING TYPE to flepperon - than you wont ncouter this problems.
however, u MUST make sure that the MECH adjusment are set up and match each servo resepectevly!!!!

when u set Flepperon - u dont need a Y connector, ur servos will work counterly to each other.

cheers
Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Try this: two servos for Aileron & two servos for elevator..

#1 Go to WING TYPE: NORMAL
#2 Go to DEVICE SELECT and Rotate
the roller until you are under
AUX2(on the bottom of the screen
Press the Roller and INH AUX2,
Rotate the Roller until you are
Under AUX3, Press the Roller and
INH AUX3
#2a Go to Wing type
#3 Rotate the Roller until you are
under AILE, Press the Roller
and Select AUX2, rotate the
Roller until you are under ELEV
Press the Roller and select AUX3
(you have the choice of
selecting TRIM or INH..this
might help trimming the ELEV on
AUX3)

#4 You may have to REVERSE AUX2 or
AUX3 or both depends on the hook
Up of the linkage.

#5 Just remember that any change on
Aileron Travel adjustment, has
to be done on AUX2, and the same
for Flaps and AUX3.

#6 NOTE: Connect Right Aileron to
Aileron, and Left Aileron to
AUX2. The same for the Elev
Right Elev to Elev…Left Elev to
AUX3
Old 03-30-2009, 09:57 AM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Old 03-30-2009, 10:09 AM
BuschBarber

Flapperon mixing is the way to go if you do not have Flaps on the aircraft. By default, Flapperon mixes Ch2 (Ail) and Ch6 (Aux1). If you are not going to use the Flap component of Flapperons, be sure to disable the Flap Sys.