Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spectrum aux2 help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Edgefinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum aux2 help

He guys, Could someone please help. On a Spectrum dx7 I have set aux2 to operate the left aileron. I have noticed every time I turn on the receiver the aux2 servo pegs all the way one direction . Sticks are at nutural. It stays there about two seconds and then goes back to the nutural position. The travel then is good one direction but only moves about 1/4 of what it should in the other. Most likely I have something set wrong but I just can't figure this one out. have a good one.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:45 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum aux2 help

Are you aware that on most 2.4 radios, the process of Binding the Rx to the Tx also sets the Failsafe conditions, as well. Whenever you want to operate the radio, always turn on the Tx first and the Rx second. When you shut down, always turn off the Rx first and the Tx last. Whenever you turn on the Tx and Rx, the Rx goes into Failsafe, for a few seconds. Depending upon how your Failsafe is set up, the servos on each channel will move to the Failsafe position and then move quickly back.

This may be why your Aux2 jumps when you power up the system.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Edgefinder

Thankyou for the information, I went back and performed a re binding and this corrected the servo movement at power on. I still cannot get full range out of the servo in one direction. Any ideas on this one.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

First make sure its not the servo, either swap them at the reciever and or check the servo monitor screen.

Then go through your mixes and see whats enabled.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:58 AM
BuschBarber

I do not have a DX7 but there may be a Switch or Knob assigned to Aux2. If there is, you need to Inhibit it. It will definitely affect the Trim on the Aux2 channel.

Frequently, people use the Flapperon program to mix Aileron halves. They forget that Flap Knob or Switch is still controlling the Flaps. The set up the Ailerons so they are Neutral and then accidentally hit the Flap Knob or Switch and the Ailerons jump Up or Down and are out of Trim.

Check to see if there is an Aux2 Switch on your Tx and Flip or Turn it to see if it affects Aux 2. If so, go into the programming and disable it.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Stupermario

Yes, inhibit the switch for Aux2. Set your radio for the switch to see Aux2 as the other aileron, center the servo, and you should be good to go.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Edgefinder

Hi guys, I went back and checked using another servo and still the same problem. The servo will only travel full deflection in only one direction. 1/4 in the other. I have the mix set up on mix5. Elevator for master aux2 slave. I checked and the aux2 switch on the transmitter when flipped to - causes the servo to peg beyond the normal travel limits. I could not find any way to turn that switch off.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
BuschBarber

Is there a reason why you are not using the Flapperon Wing Type. This defaults to mixing the Aileron ch and the Aux1 ch. You can disable the Flap component if you do not want to use the Ailerons as Flaps.

It is difficult to read the manual online as it takes time to scroll through the pages. I did not see a reference to disable or inhibit the Aux2 switch. I have used Flapperons on many different radios. If you use Flapperons and you don't want the Flap component, turn off the Flap System and Flap Trim.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:35 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Try this: Go to Mix#1 SETUP: Master>AUX#2 Slave>AUX#2 Set Rate -100% Rate -100% (You might have to move the trim lever to get to the second rate)
This will inhibit the AUX#2 trim. Remove your left aileron servo arm before you do this...when you have done the above, with the sub-trim at 0, connect the servo arm
an everything should work..

Codimasta
AMA 11269
Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM
majora

Switchs can be disabled from the system menu. Open the system menu and page to the switches screen and proceed from there.

Gordon