Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 12X Stunt Trim

Old 01-30-2009, 07:27 PM
lkahn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 12X Stunt Trim

Hi all,

I have a JR 12X radio and I noticed an unexpected behavior (at least in my understanding) in heli mode. I found that the stunt trim feature does not work as explained in the manual. The trims are not kept between flight modes, it does not matter if I choose FMOD or COM at the Device Select menu - the behavior is the same.

If the radio is on "Airplane" mode, the behavior is normal and works as explained in the manual.

Does anyone have experienced this? Maybe I am missing something...

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Lkahn
Old 01-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Snowflake6515

Default RE: JR 12X Stunt Trim

Check page H22 for "Stunt Trim". FMOD: same trim for all flight modes. COM: three different trim sets: (1) normal (2) all stunt modes (3) throttle hold.

Check page A25 for "Trim". COM: all shared across all flight modes, FM: trim is set differently for each flight mode.

Michael
Old 02-01-2009, 05:44 PM
lkahn

Hi Michael,

That´s exactly what *should* happen but it doesn´t. I chose FMOD but the trim is NOT the same for all flight modes. COM has the same effect of FMOD.

In airplane mode, as you mentioned on manual page A25, both FMOD and COM work as they were designed to.

Lkahn
Old 03-16-2009, 10:40 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with my 12x MV (has 2.4 and 72mhz) with COM selected i've got two trims, one in normal and a common between all other modes (stunt1/stunt2/etc...) if i select FMOD then each flight mode has it's own trim.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: lkahn

Hi all,

I have a JR 12X radio and I noticed an unexpected behavior (at least in my understanding) in heli mode. I found that the stunt trim feature does not work as explained in the manual. The trims are not kept between flight modes, it does not matter if I choose FMOD or COM at the Device Select menu - the behavior is the same.

If the radio is on "Airplane" mode, the behavior is normal and works as explained in the manual.

Does anyone have experienced this? Maybe I am missing something...

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Lkahn
You can't get a common trim with heli programming....[]

I noticed this on my 12X too and in following the question on another forum, several of the Team-Horizon guys chimed in with the information that the trims don't work the same way in the heli programming. I forget the exact reasoning, but IIRC it had something to do with the fact that the trims for different Flight Modes tend to be a lot different from one another due to different blade deflections in different modes caused by what is usually very different throttle and pitch curves for each mode.

So it was felt that a common trim feature for heli's would not be of any value.

Hope that helps, but you could check it out at the Team-Horizon website too for more information or to ask a question;

http://www.team-horizon.com/