Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

2.4ghz module dilema

Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Ivo60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz module dilema

hi guys, Im new to posting and would like to ask a question. I recently obtained a second hand 8103 JR transmiter and it was a 72mhz. type. I purchased a spectrum module to convert to 2.4ghz. The reason I chose spectrum is because I already have A dx6I transmitter and this can bind to all my recievers that I already have... My question Is this, Is this generic in any way or a 'mickey mouse' setup or is it as good as any standard 2.4ghz. radio. In other words, would you trust it with your best airplane? thanks in advance!! IVO
Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2.4ghz module dilema

Does your 8103 have digital trims? There is an older model without digital trims that I don't think will work for that.

Otherwise I think that you can convert an 8103 to 2.4 without a problem.

Jim
Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 PM
fixxin2fly
My Feedback: (10)

ivo60 what kind of plane are you flying on that transmitter?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:32 AM
egianello

It´s a VERY trustable radio! Don´t hesitate in using it.
The 8103 is a wonderfull machien, and will do all what you want. The Spektrum module it´s a very tested device, and you´ll have no problem at all.
Don´t let the new plastic shiny radios comming make you think that the trusty 8103 is obsolete. Nothing is more untrue.
Keep enyoing that thing.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

I wouldn't call it a "Mickey Mouse" setup, but you do lose some things with a module vs. a native system radio.

1. ModelMatch only works with the native systems.

2. ServoSynch only works with the native systems.

3. The new DX-7SE as well as all the 9 channel and above tx's run in 2048 rather than 1024 resolution
when coupled to a 2048 capable rx.

Seems like there's something else but I can't remember what right now....
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Ivo60

hey guys, thanks for the great responses. I since have learned almost everything said, such as I dont have the 'model match' feature which is to bad. I really liked that and im not familiar with 'servo sync'. but overall I really like it. To answer the question of what planes I am flying with it. I have many, as I bound all my previously used recievers that I used with my specktrum DX6I transmitter. my biggest and best is my Sig 3D mayhem with a Saito 120 engine on it.Cant wait to fly it though, as I never saw a switch like my 8103 has for 'snap roll'. a real neat one switch operation. thats all as i have to get ready for that 4 letter word 'WORK'........your pal IVO