Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Update PCM9x DSX10 when?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:59 AM
staff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update PCM9x DSX10 when?

Has anyone heard any rumours about a new JR radio to compete with the Futaba 10C. I am using my PCM 9X2 with a Spektrum module . I would like an integrated 2.4ghz set , with a working gyro menu. I am continuing to use my pcm9x hoping that an update will come. but I may got to the Futaba 10C, It looks great for heli use. This may not be so bad before I get too many 2.4Ghz receivers
Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Update PCM9x DSX10 when?

I think the X9303 does a good job competing with the Futaba 10C. For one thing, the 10C only has 8 proportional channels. 9 and 10 are just switches, like Ch9 on the 9CAP.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
JR already have a DSX9 out, it has been out for over a year, full DSM2, has Heli, Acro & Glider modes. Check out MacGregors web site, in the UK.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
staff1

Hi I realise that the dsx9 has been out for over a year.
What I was asking is , will there be a new version of the 10 x, with the nice bits of the Futaba 10 c like a working gyro menu and more advanced software rather than just a new number and module in an old friend like the PCM9X2 rebadged.
My point is that the PCM9X2 has been around quite a while now (9303) in the USA and is there to be a new model to replace it, not just the same radio with a 2.4 module built in. JR didn't even make a new instruction book. If you buy a DSX9 in the UK you get a PCM9X manual with a dsx9 addendum. Plus the fact that it is also very expensive!

What would everyone else like to see.
I would like a similar radio to the Futaba 10c but JR,
Working gyro menu, back lit low latency ability to bind with Spektrum receivers wopuld this be the DSX10?

cheers
D
Old 03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about the JR12X?

One thing I don't like about the Futaba 10C is that it only has 8 proportional channels. The Futaba 9CAP only had 8 proportional channels. After I bought a JR XP9303, I sold my Futaba 9CAP. Flaps on a Switch, 9 Proportional Channels, Flight Modes, Spektrum Module that supports 9 channels, 9 channel PPM Rx if you did not want to purchase the more expensive 9 channel PCM Rx.

The X9303 is not backwardly compatible with 72mhz, but it has Model Match.

I am not a Heli guy so I do not know much about the type of programming features that would benefit Heli fliers.