Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Transferring model from dx6i to 9303

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:20 PM
AZTWINS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transferring model from dx6i to 9303

I would like to transfer the Blade 400 helicopter information from my dx6i to my new 9303. How do I do this?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Transferring model from dx6i to 9303

I think you will find that most Model Memories are not compatible with a different model Tx. There are differences in Programming from one model Tx to another. The best you can do is to approximate the Control Throws and go from there.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On most JR compatible radios, just copying the number programming from one radio to the next, should get you in the ball park. You should set the aircraft back on the bench and go over it like you were programming it for the first time to double check your settings.

I have done this with several radios, from a 10X to an 8103, and from an 8103 to a 9303, also from a 9303 to a 7202.

Rafael
Old 03-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: AZTWINS

I would like to transfer the Blade 400 helicopter information from my dx6i to my new 9303. How do I do this?

Thanks
Ain't no slick method of doing this....[]

Having explored your exact question, the settings on heli's are too critical to just transfer settings from one radio to another. Granted as mentioned, going from one JR (Spektrum programming is very similar) radio to another with the settings will get you close, but that isn't good enough for a heli.

RCU won't let me post a direct link, but Google "Finless Bob videos" and take a look at those. He's got a how-to on the X9303 and a T-Rex 450 which is going to be pretty close to your setup. The servos are mounted differently on the Blade, but the idea is the same.

At the very least, you'll need to get yourself a pitch gauge to check the rotor deflections and E-Flite makes one that's not very expensive.