Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spectrum DX7 Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:57 AM
rexbirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum DX7 Special Edition

Several questions:

Can the DX7 Special Edition Special Edition be used as an Aircraft Radio? I notice it is aimed at Heli's.

How does it compare to the JR 9303?

I already have a module based 9303 on 2.4 and am looking at the DX7 as a second radio.

Rex Birkinbine
Old 03-29-2009, 09:32 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum DX7 Special Edition

I think you will find that the DX7SE is faster than the XP9303 with the Spektrum Module. The XP9303, however, has 9 channels and quite a bit more programming plus an easier to read LCD display. The X9303 2.4 is faster than the XP9303 with the Spektrum Module, but I believe the DX7 SE is still faster.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum DX7 Special Edition

Well as mentioned and you might have seen, the SE version of the DX-7 is the fastest of the bunch and can run in 2048 resolution when used with a 2048 capable rx vs. the 1024 resolution of the standard DX-7 and I believe that is all your XP9303 can run in with the module. With the native 2.4 system like the DX-7's or X9303's you also get ModelMatch, servo synch and the higher resolution on the X9303 and SE versions of the DX-7. I suspect that if you fly the DX-7SE compared to your XP9303 with the module, you'll want to use it all the time as the control response of the models will be substantially faster.

I don't imagine there would be any difficulty flying "planks" with the SE as I use a heli version of the DX-7 for my planes. There is a slight difference between the switch locations between an air and heli version tx as well as the smooth throttle coming stock on the heli versions. I prefer the slightly different switch placement of the heli version and you can convert the smooth throttle to a ratchet if you wish, but if you crank up the friction on the smooth throttle I think you'll find that you like it for planes too as I did. The new 12X only comes with a smooth throttle if that gives you an idea of where things might be going. Horizon did come out with an offer to convert 12X's to a ratchet for those who prefer it that way, but the radio doesn't come that way.

Considering how much the DX-7SE costs, it might be wise to consider an X9303 since that's not much more money when you consider that it will come with an R921 rx where the SE has no rx with it.

JMHO, YMMV....