Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 12X and JR 12X MV incompatible for data transfer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Plane Insane
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 12X and JR 12X MV incompatible for data transfer?

I just sold my 4 month old JR 12X to purchase a new JR 12X MV so I could utilize 72Mhz again for a few projects that require this. (I also have a stockpile of JR 72Mhz RX's I could use in aircraft I wouldn't worry much about crashing due to a hit) I backed up all my models via the JR data link software that comes with both 12X versions; however, when trying to transfer from the PC to the new MV version, I get an compatibility error. I suppose I could be doing something wrong (I hope!) but it is hard for me to fathom that both of JR's flagship 12X radios would not be compatible?? Is this the case? If so, is there a converter? I really don't enjoy going back and re-setting up helicopters and airplanes I have dialed in.

Thanks,
David
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Plane Insane
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 12X and JR 12X MV incompatible for data transfer?

Just a followup... I did get it working with all but two of the files. These were the first two I started with and I suppose they did not download correctly. I'm really glad it worked out for the rest and I suppose this was just a false alarm!

Thanks for a great radio, JR!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR 12X and JR 12X MV incompatible for data transfer?

Are you using the PC Transfer/USB cable combo? I would guess so as I assume it replaced the Data Safe.

I like this Software/Hardware combo because I can Copy, Edit, and Print out my Model Memories as well as Store them on my PC.