Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR9000 Firmware or Hardware Bug?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:20 AM
rino
My Feedback: (121)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR9000 Firmware or Hardware Bug?

Note: I posted this under the radio forum as well. I am hoping for some input from HH here.

I bought a brand new AR9000 recently that would automatically input full right rudder when only full up elevator was reached on high rates only.

Here is the setup.

DX7 - great condition working perfectly for years.

Dual elevators using mix 5 and aux2. This setup is not new to me.

7955 Hitec servos

7.2v RX power unregulated and no switch at all. Don't yelp. Call Hitec and they will attest that these servos are quite happy on this voltage.

No other mixes set.

Elevator endpoints set to 150% up and down.

I know this sounds like a mix issue but it wasn't. I had no other mixes. This was an existing dual elevator setup that I was happily flying on an AR7000 before installing the AR9000.

All I did was install AR9000 and rebind.

To prove it wasn't the radio (a mix issue) HH had me check the servo monitor screen while it was happening. It happened consistently so it was easy to analyze. The radio showed no movement of the rudder channel while the rudder was snapping to full right.

After sending the RX in HH said there were no issues with it. I really doubt they fully tested the unit because it was easy to reproduce. I played with it during the evenings for a week before sending it in.

Sounds like software to me.