Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX6i Aileron Stick Loose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:51 PM
MacFreak21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6i Aileron Stick Loose?

Hello,

Yesterday after about 10-15 flights at 7-9 min each my DX6i Aileron stick felt as if it became free of the POT. (it had noresistance.) Ialso seemed to have loss of control, Ican not bepositiveas I wascomingin for a landing as it happened, Cross wind(5-9mph) on a road that was raised about 3-4 feet above the fields surrounding the road, So I had someturbulence.

My Question is... Is this possible??? I almost think my stick's head might of been loose and as I was making small adjustment Causing it to feel like it was not moving? Otherwise it was a great Maiden Flight
Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: DX6i Aileron Stick Loose?

There is a recall of the DX6i tx's for a gimbal problem, you probably ought to touch bases with Horizon on Monday????

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1901
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
MacFreak21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX6i Aileron Stick Loose?

Well Ido not have a date code and according to the recall I am not effected. However today I just lost my 8 foot telemaster to the Issue and along with that was two Canon HF10's and a bunch of custom made AL hardware including the Pan Tilt gimbals for both cameras. Great a $5k+ Loss to a $200 remote. insurance is a great thing but still to lose the whole rig in a matter of seconds is killing me. I just sat on hold for about 45 minutes before I caved and selected the call back feature.

This really suck since I now remember seeing that recall/reports of the issue and I swear I remember checking the date code thing before.

Edit: I love Spektrum. I was on the phone with them today andexplainedthe situation, Since I have insurance I was not as upset as one would be. They Let me buy a new one and then I am shipping the bad one back for a refund. Ithink that is the best service I have had from any Hobby Supplier. In fact the only companys to ever offer that to me was High end Home Automation Companies.

Hoorayfor Spektrum
One Very Satisfied Customer.